Irnhed's Coco Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. A cooltube will cool your temps better than an air cooled hood, why don't you use one of those?

2. [quote name='"phyking"']A cooltube will cool your temps better than an air cooled hood, why don't you use one of those?[/quote]

Hmmm I was under the impression that they were right about the same.. How does a cooltube cool the temps better?

3. its a closed system....intake..thru cool tube/light..exhausted out of the tent..the heat from lamp never really comes in contact with air in tent;)

4. [quote name='"deacon"']its a closed system....intake..thru cool tube/light..exhausted out of the tent..the heat from lamp never really comes in contact with air in tent;)[/quote]

I would love to be able to have a system that's like this... But unfortunately until I can afford another fan, I'm shit outta luck. I tried to do it this way with just my one fan and it went over like a lead balloon.. 103 within a matter of minutes.

Deac do you think using a cooltube is better than using a through and through light like I have? If its in a closed system wouldn't it be the exact same?

5. If you have a pane of glass over your current hood (sealed up and through and through) yes its the same, just not as good air flow wise. However, if your current hood exposes the light directly to the air in the tent...no its not the same.

6. [quote name='"drhell2pay"']If you have a pane of glass over your current hood (sealed up and through and through) yes its the same, just not as good air flow wise. However, if your current hood exposes the light directly to the air in the tent...no its not the same.[/quote]

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me Doc! My light is a through and through and is sealed up with a pane of glass. I guess I thought it was called an air-cooled hood... But I reckon it's cooltube-esqe as well.

7. Really? I would think that a cool tube is behter, since having air move with the bulb cools it better, and a cool tube has better air flow(no wind pockets and all tht) than the through and through, so wouldn't it keep the light just a little cooler?

8. Phyking,im sure it would have a small impact being more aerodynamic and all but id rather have the superior reflectability of a square hood than the cooltube. These things are horrible at reflecting the light. But they are compact. Dont think it would make a big difference.

9. [quote name='"fif3l"']Phyking,im sure it would have a small impact being more aerodynamic and all but id rather have the superior reflectability of a square hood than the cooltube. These things are horrible at reflecting the light. But they are compact. Dont think it would make a big difference.[/quote]

Honestly dude this is exactly why

10. [quote name='"fif3l"']Phyking,im sure it would have a small impact being more aerodynamic and all but id rather have the superior reflectability of a square hood than the cooltube. These things are horrible at reflecting the light. But they are compact. Dont think it would make a big difference.[/quote]

Honestly dude this is the exact reason that I was so excited about putting in the square hood.. My cooltube's reflector sucks and I always have to bend it to get it to where it's putting off light in the right spots. Surely the air pocket wouldnt cause the temp to go up more than maybe one degree.. Only one way to find out though!

11. Yea that's true

12. #93 fif3l, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    I dont even use my reflector its a piece of shit haha.

And i think im gonna get two square hoods. Because of this issue.

How the ladies doin bro

13. Well..... I guess I'm off to buy some neem oil and no pest strips... Damn spider mites decided to move into my tent! Luckily I caught it pretty early and if I stick to the neem oil schedule, hopefully they clear up relatively quickly. Chhjk

14. Damn, spider mites are never fun, good luck!@#$%^&*()_+

15. azomax and hot shot pest strips...its last resort but if you got more than 3 weeks till they finish i put a couple in my shed with the hot shot....10 hours later..mites were dead..then treated with the azomax..spray or water in..good luck..gonna hafta steralize that tent;)

16. [quote name='"deacon"']azomax and hot shot pest strips...its last resort but if you got more than 3 weeks till they finish i put a couple in my shed with the hot shot....10 hours later..mites were dead..then treated with the azomax..spray or water in..good luck..gonna hafta steralize that tent;)[/quote]

Hey Deacon, do you think I can get the azomax at the grow store or at lows or HD? Are the hot shot strips a fogger or do they just stick to it? I'm afraid I haven't researched pest problems very much..

17. Little update...

I bought the hot shot strips and a bottle of Organocide. I put the strip inside the tent hanging off the scrog and sprayed all the plants from the bottom up with the Organocide yesterday, and when I opened the tent today, I couldn't see any kind of bugs anywhere. Hopefully this has fixed the problem, but I have plenty of spray left to hit them again if need be. I'll take the pest strip out of the tent and just hang it in the room that the tent is in... sometime.. I dunno when exactly.:rolleyes:

I think that I caught it early enough to not do too much damage to the plants. There were only a few leaves that had some webbing and holes... I've got my fingers crossed that they don't come back..ever. I took the plants out to spray them and took some pics...this is the last time that I will pull them out because they are all growing into the screen now. Today is flowering day 8. Only 55ish days left!:D The temps have been staying bout 87 during lights on and 66-68 during lights off.

[​IMG]

The widow clones are by far the biggest plants and both of them have multiple tops hitting the screen. They are so beautiful! I love the smell that comes off of them and I'm so excited to get more of these fantastic buds to smoke.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This blackjack is growing different than the first bean that I popped... Its is actually growing up and not out like the first one did. I think most of the smell in the tent is from the blackjack.. smells just like fruit stripe gum. yum!
    [​IMG]

The mango is a very squat plant. I don't think it has stretched much at all in the first 8 days of flowering.. It appears to be female, but I have looked all over and I still don't see any hairs... so I dunno. I might pull it to make more room for the other three that are flourishing.

[​IMG]

I initially had two mangos goin and I had to decide which one to put in the tent and which to put under t5's. The one under the t5's is def a male, so it hit the trash bin this morning. the widow under the t5's is doing extremely well and I'm gonna have to modify the cabinet soon cause its growing into the lights. My girl ok'd me to upgrade to a larger tent for vegging, so I'm thinking of putting some panda film on the sides of this bookcase they are in and flower with the t5's while doing a miniature scrog... I wouldn't have to worry about heat, thats for sure. Just an idea..:cool:

Found this little fucker muchin on some of my leaves the other day
    [​IMG]

So I cut his ass in half!
    [​IMG]

My little piggie loves hangin with the plants!:p
    [​IMG]

My mind has been going non stop on how to improve my setup while increasing productivity. I think the more space that I can flower is important because it takes up so much space...while vegging can be done in relatively small spaces, I guess depending on method. I'll get something going for you guys real soon...besides the bubble cloner that I'm gonna build later this evening.

Thats all I got.. Later stoners!:smoke:

18. What kind of bug is that? That shit looks weird, is it a caterpillar?

19. How do you guys think you get spider mites? Are you bringing in clones from outside your area? Soil you bought? Just curious.