Irnhed's Coco Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Damn. Sucks about your light fiasco.

Highly recomend the dark period before flipping them... everyone ive talked to about it says its good to do.

2. Fuck it...

I'm gonna keep the 1000w in and see what happens. I woke up this morning to the tent being right at 90 degrees and I think that might just be doable. Lets hope this works!

3. Damn irn.... That's running way to warm... No flaps or anything to open? I'd wanna consider maybe running some ducting in and have a in line fan bringing air in?

4. 90 is fine IF you keep your humidity above 60%. Drop it lower and your plants will burn and choke when the stomata open. Keep that humidity up, just like in the heat of summer outside and they'll live. Make it a desert and they'll die.

5. ^ This, also get some sort of cO2 generator, either buy one of the tanks or do it the cheap way and use yeast apple juice and sugar, the cO2 is heavier than norml air so place it up high and it would be ideal if you made a tube comming out of it going out directly over your plants. Also I've seen people do baking soda and vinegar using like a half gal of vin and dropping in 1 tbsp of bkng soda I think 4 times waiting for the bubbles to stop in between each bs addition. But that way doesn't last that long as the yeast one. Look on youtube, there's a lot of good tutorials

6. Fuck man this past summer my temps got over 100 degrees a few times running 1000 watts in a 4x4 tent. Plants did amazing because the humidity was high along with the temps.

7. It will probably negatively affect yield at higher electricity cost... though it won't die if humidity is high. Vent!

8. Doc do you think running a humidifier in the room that the tent is in 24/7 would help raise the RH in the tent?

When I tried to duct it from the room through the light and into the attic my temps jumped way up to over 100 cause nothing was exhausting the tent anymore. IF I had another fan, I could just add it to the top of the tent with a flange kit and add the exhaust into the already existing one with a Y connection so one would pull through the light and one exhaust the tent.....theoretically lowering the overall temp of the room. IF is the key word here... I'll know tomorrow if I'll be able to swing another fan.

9. Yes that will work, BUT you want to make sure the exhaust portion of the humidifier is out of the tent. Mine had to be shut down because it was so damned hot (the humidifier).

They are right though, you gotta exhaust that hot air and ensure you have intakes open to suck in cold. A fan would be critical.

10. Ok... I have some thinking to do.. Thank you everybody for all the help and suggestions.

I have a portable ac unit that I got during the last grow. I think that if I just turn the fan part on instead of the actual ac part that it will blow room temperature air around. So I think I will just duct it up to the last hole that I have in my tent... its on the bottom so it should allow the roots to get plenty of air cause it pushes air out like crazy.

I have to go to work for a little bit, but I'll pick up the stuff I need on the way home tonight and get to work!

11. Why not install it into your window or something, but that cO2 gen thing I was tellin you will allow you to use 90+ deg no problem. But when my rh is down I'll just put my humidifier somewhere close to my intake. Mine like steams the water so it gets hot as well, but when it's outside the tent, maybe a foot away i don't get any increase in heat, if anything it cools it since I have cool air comming from the rest of my house, ducting right to the area where my intake is. But the cool air hits the steamed water and it acts kind of like a swamp cooler.

Good luck sailor

12. Im awaiting your results irn. Kinda glad i didnt get a 1000 now, my tent would be stupid hot.

But damn,your guys nugs look so much better than mine!fcukin 400 cant even compete.

13. First off.... I'm a Marine;) Second...thanks for the idea! I'll just put the humidifier next to the intake of the ac unit that I have hooked up now.

I have been telling myself that the 400 couldn't compete over and over in my head ever since I got the 1000... I had to do this to go to sleep some nights last grow with temps over 90 in my tiny tent.:rolleyes:

14. You can always run a 600 :)

15. Ok here is what I have come up with to combat this heat problem. I had this 10000 BTU AC unit hangin around so I duct taped a vent to the top of it and ran it to a 6 inch hole at the bottom of the tent. I put the end of the ducting in between all four of the plants pointing up... I am currently still trying to sort out which speed will be the best for the ac unit fan to be on, but it shouldn't take too long.

Also I picked up this new ballast from a buddy tonight. Its a lumatek digital dual 600. The only problem that I have with it is that it has this weird looking plug. Does anyone know if I can buy a normal looking plug for this and it would work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Plants seem to be liking it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lil homie whatcha smokin on??
    [​IMG]

16. I've also said this to myself over and over.:p

I guess I just really really really want this 1000 to work out.:confused:

17. You might wanna get yourself a cooltube, it's the only way I can run my 1000w when the temps are warm.

18. I made my own cool tube and it was pretty easy. You just use these glass vases, they have ones 3.75" dia and 5.75" dia which is perfect for 4 and 6" ducting after your done with it. But the whole thing only cost around 35 bucks

19. I am using an air cooled hood right now and I have a few cooltubes laying around...and hopefully warm temps are behind me for a few months!!:eek:

20. So I woke up this morning right before the lights went out and poked my head in the tent and saw that it was sitting at 86.5!! So thats great news for me for sure! Haha the AC unit has just been sitting there not being used... I feel retarded, but at least I don't need to worry about it anymore!:D:D:D:D