Irnhed's Coco Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Very nice update irn :cool: those plants are looking fantastic! Have you read through the waterboys journal? You guys have similar looking grows... That's a good thing;) how long till you flip?

2. [quote name='"Greentrails"']Very nice update irn :cool: those plants are looking fantastic! Have you read through the waterboys journal? You guys have similar looking grows... That's a good thing;) how long till you flip?[/quote]

I have seen some of his comments, but I haven't read any of his journal. Can you post a link to it for me?

I'm thinking of flipping around December 1st... The seedlings are putting out their 7th nodes right now and I really want to wait until they have the alternating nodes for maturity purposes. Normally right around the 8th node is when they get their preflowers and start to alternate.... Neither one of these is showing any signs of showing sex early though.

Thanks for stopping by GT!

3. Looking real nice. Do you have an estimated yield? At what point are you putting the scrog in?

4. #44 Ironhead, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
    I got about 7 zips off one plant last time.... I'm honestly hoping for a pound from my two clones and whatever else I can squeeze out of the Blackjack and Mango. Since the temps have been quite low in my neck of the woods lately, I have been considering putting back up my 1000w to flower with instead of the 800w frankenstein light that I made.

I just need to get another tent going.:rolleyes:

I'll keep my scrog about 18-20 inches away from the tops of the smart pots and that would be hitting my light right now so it can wait until when the plants get a wee bit taller and I have to move the light up. The one plant that I did before didn't hit the screen until a few days after switching to 12/12.... do you let yours veg into the screen and then keep training til a week or two into 12/12?

5. Hey everyone!

I have been saving my trimmings from the White Widow to make BHO with, but my dude with the glass tube seems to have lost it and I'm not really interested in buying one for myself, so I made some dry ice hash instead. I used a 220 micro screen bag and about a half pound of broken up dry ice inside of a 5 gallon bucket... I was able to extract about 3.5 grams of straight sticky kief hash. You can see on the table the fine dust that was left behind after all the gentle shaking that I did... This stuff is so sticky that it stuck all to the card I was using to scrape it off with and it mashed together really easily. I compressed a little bit of it and put it on the bowl I was smoking and it sent me straight to the moon!:D

Right after I made the hash, it got dumped into a pot of melted butter to make some hash budder. Now that the budder has cooled and separated from the water, I threw all of it into a batch of sugar cookies and I just put the first batch into the oven. The dough is absolutely danktified and it almost numbs my mouth when I eat it...hopefully the cookies turn out good and hit real nice like.. I saved the crap left over from making the dry ice hash and I will probably do another round of budder with what is left over.. I expect it won't be as potent as this first batch, but I will decarb it this time and see if that makes any difference.

I ended up making 28 cookies out of 3.5 grams of dry ice hash so that translates into .125 per cookie or 8 cookies=1 gram of hash. I have already eaten 4 plus some dough... lets see what happens!;)

Check it out:smoke::

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Yo bro,looks like ur havin a good time over here.... lookin good man. :)

7. Your blackjacks are lookin good, bro!
    Keep it up. :)

8. I knew the clones would come around :) looks good man

9. Thanks for stopping by to check it out guys! I wish I had some more comments but I think it's from a combination of not much really going on right now and that I don't get the word out there like some folks do on here.

I don't mind leaving comments on others pages... But normally when I am browsing through others threads, I am super baked and I just cant seem to find the appropriate words to add to the conversation.

I am gonna do my final vegging update later this evening and I will be switching it to flowering tonight as well. The clones are 18-20 inches tall and I just can't wait til the first the switch it cause they will be monsters... My worry right now is that I have already waited too long and they will out grow the blackjack and mango to the point of snuffing them out. At least my screen will be going in tonight so I can train the shoots away from the smaller plants so they can get their fair share of the light.

Feel free to drop a line if you feel like chatting.. Its getting pretty chilly in here all by my lonesome..

10. :wave: I know exactly what you mean dood.. Just wait till you flip the switch and and throw a screen in there... The guys only like coming around when the ladies are showing their parts;)

Your doing real good man, just takes a while for people to notice... It's not a testament to growing ability.

Hope your having a wonderfully rainy day:)
    :wave: :hello: :smoke: :smoke: :cool:

11. Thanks bro! No rain here though:D

I reckon I just like to converse with other growers about growing... none of my real life friends know.... and even if they did, I'm afraid no one would understand.

12. Ok so the last few days I have been flushing the plants with straight RO water getting ready for flower. Today I got a half day at work, so I came home and set up the 1000w light and the scrog screen in the tent... The temp is soooo much lower than during the heat of the summer!! I'm running about 80 with the light on full blast about 25 inches away from the tops of the plants. I put the screen in at about 20 inches above the tops of the smart pots and the two clones are right at 18 inches high, while the blackjack and mango are bringing up the rear at 14 and 15 inches respectively.

Now is when the fun begins for me! Training these bitches up under the screen will undoubtedly break my back and kill my arms, but I don't care cause I love it! The clones will be trained up til about day 14 and the smaller ones probably wont get that much training cause the blackjack doesn't stretch much and the mango is looking like a squat little bush too.

The 1000w light will stay on til tomorrow morning at 10 when it shuts off and officially starts the ladies on their first night of darkness and on the right track to produce me some beautiful fat colas. There is alot riding on this grows harvest... the widow has put me on the map for being able to grow primo shit so the pressure is on the replicate the same bountiful harvest while still being able to move forward and improve in all aspects. I very much am the kind of person that pushes myself to try new things... I get bored easily and that allows my mind to wander into uncharted territory. I do have a few tricks up these sleeves and now that I actually have a place of employment and a steady weekly paycheck, I can finally let my mind loose to experiment with whatever crazy shit that I can dream up.

Sometimes I feel like it is the weed sucking me in...not the other way around..

Later Stoners!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Freakin sweet man :metal: :metal:

One of the local genious' budslinger was talking yesterday about giving your ladies a period of 24 hour darkness at the flip.. He says it really helps speed them along towards showing sex sooner.

That screen looks solid dude... What's that material?

14. Yea what is that? A fence?

15. [quote name='"phyking"']Yea what is that? A fence?[/quote]

Oh wait! I got this.... Construction fencing?
    :poke:

16. Ya I'd say construction fence. That 1000w is going to be ridiculous! Hell ya

17. Ding! Ding! Ding! Yep. Its plastic construction fencing. I could only buy a roll of like 1000 feet so I have plenty to last me, cause I only use 36 inches at a time.:p Luckily the whole roll was like only 30 bucks, so it ended up being a pretty good deal. The frame is from a DIY window kit I got at the local hardware store and it was cut to fit.

I'm afraid the 1000w might be just too damn hot.. My digital themometer is in the bottom of the tent out of the way of the light and it is reading 97 degrees.:rolleyes: SO... I went a bought another 400w HPS and I'm gonna put the cooltube with the two 400's back in it. I remember freakin out last grow about how hot it was, and I just want to grow some normal shit without wondering if its gonna melt or something. I will be coming into some money soon and I will buy a separate fan so I can vent the light from the room and out into the attic and also still be able to vent the room... No biggie really cause the dual 400's should def be enough tho get the job done... and I'll fix this 1000w up sometime soon and I'll make it work. Til later:smoke:

18. Luck of the Irish!! One of my 400 ballasts just took a dump on me... Damn.. I gotta figure out a way to get this 1000w light in here...quick!

19. Ok so I got the 1000w back in the tent and ran some ducting from another hole on the other side of the tent.. so now the fan sucks in the houses ambient temp it cools the light and then vents into the attic. The tent is not exhausted in anyway now, so I will have to save my money to get a fan/filter combo or something along those lines..but seeing how the plants don't really smell much right now, I think I will have a little bit of time to figure everything out. The important thing right now is that I have a working light in the tent that will start 12/12 tomorrow morning at 10am.