Irnhed's Coco Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Jammin!

Rebelution's "Courage to Grow" album was an inspiration for me to start growing. If you have never heard of them, please take a few minutes to check out some of their jams.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6cMkhhqn6k]Rebelution - Feeling Alright - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WTcc3XuLEM]Safe And Sound - Rebelution - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PESJgUHx4]Rebelution - Courage To Grow - YouTube[/ame]
    Collie Buddz=Good Times
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_sJVi4FgtQ]COLLIE BUDDZ 'BLIND TO YOU' - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5UUZeLnkcY]Collie Buddz - Sensimillia - YouTube[/ame]

2. I'm a big fan of "Green Day". My fiance's cousin is the lead singer, haha.

Plus I just love the name, "Green Day" I hope everyone has a Green Day every day :)

3. [quote name='"drhell2pay"']I'm a big fan of "Green Day". My fiance's cousin is the lead singer, haha.

Plus I just love the name, "Green Day" I hope everyone has a Green Day every day :)[/quote]

I've had a super Green Day :)

4. I've also had a super Green Day while enjoying some Dookie.:D

5. Dookie? Lol

6. [quote name='"StVooDoo"']Dookie? Lol[/quote]

Ya it's an album by Green Day... It was supposed to be funny. It was not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. [quote name='"irnhed84"']

Ya it's an album by Green Day... It was supposed to be funny. It was not.[/quote]

Ahh yes the album... Mind fart there lol and yeah it was funny

8. Yeah more pictures! Looks like this grow is exactly between my coco grow and my DWC grow.. I'd say our coco grows are pretty close except you're going to shoot way past me since you got your girls under HID and I got mine under T5.

I'll love to see how my Blue Widow goes against those new seedlings! I think your grows are some of the most fun to watch for me, because we're doing pretty similar things :D

9. Alright irn... You got a mob in here demanding pics... Time to shape up or deal with our wrath!

PICS PICS PICS

(im leading the charge.

10. Ok Ok! No pitchforks! I'll do an update!:cool:

Its Sunday Funday and me and the little Ms. are heading down to the local Farmers Market to do some shopping and tasting. Before we head to foodie heaven, I suppose I'll throw up some pics to show you stoners the progress on grow numero dos.

The clones are 1 month and 3 weeks old today and they are doing great under the 800 watts of sexy love sunshine. I topped them right when they were growing their 5th node out and I'm pretty sure that I will have four main branches on both of them....which is great!:D I will be transplanting them into their new 5 gallon smart pots later this evening.

All the seeds are looking really nice on day 21 and all of them are pushing out the 5th node right now. When I transplant them all later this evening, I will go ahead and top them so we can get all the shock out of the way in one blow.

I don't really want to spend the money to buy tubs to put the smart pots into, so if I just use towels to soak up the runoff that should be fine right? I have decided to feed a little differently this grow to see if I notice a difference... I will follow along with what fellow blade Bongsauce recommended: To water in coco til 10% runoff once everyday whether it needs it or not. I started doing it last week and I feel like I have already noticed a difference... but maybe I'm just really high.:smoke:

I also threw in a pic of the light... The bigger one on the right I got at Lowes for 21 bucks I think... The plants love this one for sure. The smaller one on the left is what came with the cooltube when I originally ordered it and probably needs to be replaced, but I cant fit another big one from Lowes in the tube. When I made the tube have the second 400w light, I measured using the HPS bulbs instead of the MH bulbs...turns out the fat MH bulbs are a tad bit longer than the HPS ones are.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    Mango Kush; Top
    [​IMG]
    Mango Kush; Side
    [​IMG]
    White Widow Fem on left, Blackjack Fem on right; Top
    [​IMG]
    White Widow, Blackjack; Side
    [​IMG]
    Clone #1
    [​IMG]
    Clone #1
    [​IMG]
    Clone #2
    [​IMG]
    Clone #2
    [​IMG]
    800 watts
    [​IMG]

11. bro, maybe its just my eyes, but your clone #2 has some crazy lookin leaves...looks like a houseplant lol.

so fuckin pumped for this grow. you diggin the coco man?!

12. Oh ya... the coco is awesome as always..:cool:

Dude when I took those clones the plant was at about day 30 flowering so they had to flip back into veg and in the process threw out some leaves that were weird looking for sure. They both are putting out great looking normal leaves now and I'll just end up defoliating all the weirdos out eventually.;)

Thanks for stoppin by friend!:smoke:

13. Well I'm a day late for my weekly update... haha this white widow makes me late to everything... I just keep smoking and smoking.

First off, my grow tent was in the closet that also houses the fuze box and access to the crawl space under the house...I have always worried that something will go wrong and someone will need to go in there so I picked up and moved shop into the other bedrooms closet. It was a real bitch.;) but I feel better so thats all that matters.:p So this new closet is smaller and doesn't have the shelf space for my t5 vegging area and for lack of better options, I just had to go and string it up all white-trashy like with metal wire in an old wooden bookcase I had sitting around. Haha whatever works...maybe one day I'll get something better.

I transplanted all my bitches into 7 gal smart pots... I wanted to do 5 gal ones, but I like having less plants, so it works out with larger pots... I mixed them all up in coco and perlite and I got a little carried away with the perlite and ended up with around a 30-70 coco to perlite ratio.:D

Yesterday the clones of white widow were exactly 2 months old since being cut.:eek: Haha they should be much further along than what they are...but they are thriving all the same. They are both right about 10 inches and since I topped them, they have really shot out some shoots! Magically, both of the clones seem to have very even growth all by themselves with no training at all...however, soon they will grow into the screen and I will make a second attempt at keeping the entire thing even.

The seeds of White widow, Blackjack and Mango Kush were dropped exactly a month ago and have been doing great. Since I transplanted into 7 gal smart pots, I had to decided on which ones to throw into flower because I could only fit two with the two clones. I knew I was gonna do the Blackjack cause it evaded me last time, and I looked at the mango kush ones and just took the one that looked more branchy. I am keeping the other widow and the other mango under the t5's for now.

I'm totally diggin growing in the cooler months.. its such a fucking headache trying to keep a reasonable temp when its 110 degrees outside.:rolleyes: Now that I don't really have temp being an issue, its really really easy to do this shit.

I guess I'll shutup and get back in my hole. Later stoners:smoke:

[​IMG]
    Clone#1
    [​IMG]
    Mango
    [​IMG]
    Blackjack
    [​IMG]
    Clone#2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mango under t5's
    [​IMG]
    White Widow under t5's
    [​IMG]

14. nice update bro.
    looks like your gonna kill it this round man!
    lovin the different strains, its badass to watch the difference.

i have to agree about the weather, i run my lights at night, and i just have to open a window to keep the temps nice n cool. 70 at the light! :D

dude, your plants are gonna put out so much buds. cant wait.

15. [quote name='"fif3l"']nice update bro.
    looks like your gonna kill it this round man!
    lovin the different strains, its badass to watch the difference.

i have to agree about the weather, i run my lights at night, and i just have to open a window to keep the temps nice n cool. 70 at the light! :D

dude, your plants are gonna put out so much buds. cant wait.[/quote]

Thanks Fifs! I'm glad to see at least one person has been continuously reading my mindless dribble.

I also can't wait for all the buds... Like really... All my widow is gone 'cept for a little under an oz and I know that shit ain't gonna keep me going til this next harvest. I reckon I'll have to buy a few sacks towards the end, but that's ok :)

16. The last pic you posted, the plant under the ww is that a mj plant?? But you got a nice grow goin man! Subbed fa-sha

17. Ha no... a friend of mine grew a huge vine at his house that he loved and now he is moving in an apartment and asked if I could take a cut and keep it going for him. I dunno if I can, but I told him that I would try.

Thanks for subbin in bro!:wave:

18. Do your smart pots just drain into the tent or is there a tray under there? Also are you telling me you smoked like 6.5oz in 2 weeks? You're gonna need a way bigger tent!

19. #40 Ironhead, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    [quote name='"chiroman"']Do your smart pots just drain into the tent or is there a tray under there? Also are you telling me you smoked like 6.5oz in 2 weeks? You're gonna need a way bigger tent![/quote]

Ya they just drain onto the liner that came with the tent and then I sop it up with some towels.. I just water to 10% runoff so it's never a big deal.

Haha, ya let's just say that I "smoked" it all....;)