Irnhed's Coco Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ironhead, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Ok folks I have decided to start another journal for my next grow. I am going to go all coco this go around and I will be using some clones from my current grow that is just wrapping up. I have learned from my mistakes and I hope to not repeat them again....;)

I have three clones of White Widow taken from flowering doing good, and one clone of Blackjack just barely hanging on....not really doing much at all. I started some new feminized WW and BJ seeds a couple of days ago just in case something with the clones went wrong. I also started some seeds that my dude gave me that he says are Mango Kush.... lets see what they are!:rolleyes:

I put the seeds in a shot glass of tap water for 24 hours and then planted them about 5mm below the surface of straight coco. This picture was taken 24 hours after being planted into the coco....not too bad for 48 hours!!

The clones and seeds are currently under 4 t5's and I will switch them to vegging under the 400mh cooltube that I have once this grow finishes in a week or so. My tent is a 3x3x6.5 and I have a 312cfm 6 inch inline fan that vents into the attic.

I guess thats all I got for now... make sure to tune in for all the fantastic updates!!:smoke::smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sub'd for the ride, wheres the bear vomit? lol

3. Sub'd. I noticed your don't cut your clone leaves. Have you tried that before?

4. I did cut them all when I first took them...but those leaves have long since fallen off.

Thanks for subbin in guys!

I decided to try this one without the vomit!

5. I have been using a 1000w light and it has my little 3x3 tent running so hot! So I got all antsy in my pantsy tonight and made my new light for this grow... its my 400w cooltube and I just added another 400w on the other side. Thats the MH bulb and HPS bulbs in there just for the pic, and I will run either 2 mh bulbs for veg or 2 HPS for flowering. Pretty cool I think, and it only cost me like 3 dollars for some stuff at Lowes to hook it all up.:D

So this light will now be a 800w light which is 200w less than the 1000w I'm currently running, but I really think that the temperature of the 800w light will make up for the loss in watts... and I probably will be able to get it closer to the tops of the plants.;)

The only question I have is that I am thinking that this big metal plate I have on the back of here might restrict airflow more that I would like. I guess I could drill some holes in it...if anyone has any better ideas...let it be known!

Thats all I got for now. Smell ya later:bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Big enough fan CFM wise and that airflow won't be a problem. What are you running for a fan?

Keep in mind that I'm running 1000 watts in a cooltube but am sucking air through a carbon filter so much more air restriction, but my fan is over 400 CFM so its not an issue at all. That plate isn't going to stop a strong fan at all compared to a carbon scrubber.

Are you sucking air through the tube from outside the tent and then back outside the tent while also sucking fresh air into the tent? That's how you can kill heat fast.

7. Them some tiny pictures... :eek: lol Looks good but i agree with the Doctor ;) on two systems.

8. [quote name='"drhell2pay"']Big enough fan CFM wise and that airflow won't be a problem. What are you running for a fan?

Keep in mind that I'm running 1000 watts in a cooltube but am sucking air through a carbon filter so much more air restriction, but my fan is over 400 CFM so its not an issue at all. That plate isn't going to stop a strong fan at all compared to a carbon scrubber.

Are you sucking air through the tube from outside the tent and then back outside the tent while also sucking fresh air into the tent? That's how you can kill heat fast.[/quote]

Right now it's just vents through the cooltube and out of the tent. I reckon I need to get another fan to be able to run it that way... And I also have to cut another hole in my tent. With the money I'm saving in not doing dwc maybe I can spring for a new fan soon to kill this heat.

Any suggestions on how to put a new hole in my tent without completely ruining it would be greatly appreciated. I bet I have to use some kind of flanges but I'm kinda lost...

Thanks Doc!

9. Do you have vent flaps at the bottom of the tent? Most of them do. That's the easiest way to do it. Otherwise the easiest way is to measure the venting size and cut the form of an +. So if using a 6 inch tube cut inches across and 6 inches vert. that way it forms it's own flaps. For vent holes that are sucking air in, you really don't need it to be air tight, unless you have light leak concerns because the area the tent is in has a lot of light during lights off.

Also with sucking air into the tent, you create negative pressure so that stinky air isn't leaving.

Here's a kick ass flange set.

Homebox-groeibakken: teel planten binnenshuis voor uw hydroponie thuis

160mm, 125mm and 100mm.
    Which is 6", 5" and 4"

Cheaper options that work are here.

Ventilation Products - Worm's Way - Garden Anywhere, Anytime.

but ya

10. Ok Doc I'm gonna do the flange thing... I'm headed to the hydro store to see if they have anything like this for me to scoop up.... if they don't I suppose I will take a stroll over to the local Lowes and see if I can find something that will work.

Do you think I can get away with using a smaller fan to vent the light and use the 312cfm fan I have to exhaust the room? Or do I need to get another fan with that high of a cfm rating?

11. You want the biggest fan drawing hot air out of the cooltube. Smaller fan can bring fresh air into the tent.

12. Ok I took the clones exactly one month ago today so here are some pics. They have finally decided to take off for me and all four of the seeds are high in the sky. I have about a week left before I can put these under the 400w mh bulb to properly veg. The new beans that I sprouted are 2 Mango Kush seeds, 1 White Widow, and another Blackjack... hopefully I have better luck with the Blackjack this time.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

13. Woot! i knew they'd come around!

14. they are looking much better! most of the time i cut those dead leafs off...they will never recover and once removed it seems the plant quickly makes adjustments and promotes more growth everywhere that's healthy

15. Ok I cleaned up the tent from the last grow and put the new 800w cooltube into the tent. I only have one mh bulb in there right now, but I will be going to get another bulb for the other side in the next few days.

The two clones were topped 5 days ago and just now started to recover and push out new growth. The seedlings are two weeks today and they have been getting the H3ad formula nutes (0-6-9) for a couple days now and are doing great! Now that everyone has been transplanted into the tent with the big light, I am expecting quicker growth and hopefully adding another mh to the mix with really kick things into high gear!

I also added some bud shots of the widow that the clones came off of...its real good stuff... I'm very satisfied and I look forward to continue growing this amazing strain and also incorporate other strains as well.

Thats all I got for now. Latre:bongin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I got my new 400w mh bulb today and installed it in the dual 400 cooltube and got both lamps up and running. There was a 1.5 degree temperature difference with adding another lamp.... thats pretty good, and wayyyy cooler than using the 1000w. I'll update with some pics later on.

17. You'll beable to keep that nice and close, looking forward to seeing the new set up.

18. looking good in there irn! :wave:

19. [quote name='"Greentrails"']looking good in there irn! :wave:[/quote]

Hey thanks for stopping in greentrails I appreciate the love!

20. Pictures Slacker! :)