Irish government is considering the decriminalisation of cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Twee, Apr 25, 2015.

1. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/state-to-examine-possibility-of-decriminalising-cannabis-1.2186652

A glimmer of hope, not legalisation (I don't think the country would be ready for that) but decriminalization is a good start. 

That will be one of the few smart things the government has done in the past ten years. Half of Ireland are going around smoking dodgy weed that's unsafe and sprayed with bullshit because of the harsh law. Same as If drink was illegal, we'd all be drinking poitín (irish moonshine) out of condoms made in back gardens and dropping like flies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. great news twee[​IMG]

hope it passes if and when it's put to a vote

3. That will be great for the economy ! Maybe we'll make some petition pro weed tees ! 
    [​IMG]

4. In some ways decriminalization is better than legalization so I wouldn't be too picky honestly. It's a good step anyway.

5. Its great news as I am a citizen.. I live in London I can see it now loads of growers jumping ship from the UK just to commercially crop weed legally

6. Is cannabis really popular in Ireland? I really don't know. I have always been under the impression that booze was far and away their intoxicant of choice. In fact, I was told in my government mandated drug classes that Northern Europeans (Anglo Saxons) actually have extra liver enzymes to help break down ethanol due to hundreds upon hundreds of years of binge-drinking as a people.

Though I have also read that the ancient Celts used to grow large amounts of cannabis, and then at harvest time, they would burn it in large Bon-fires and get high as fuck as a celebration.

Good for Ireland though. Cit's not legalization, but definitely a step in the right direction.

7. Hopefully they do decriminalise it in Ireland then, seeing Ireland legalise it, the rest of the UK will think "Oh everyone will go on holiday to Ireland on holiday, taking away tourists from other tourist attractions, such as London or other holiday locations within the UK, so they'll legalise everywhere in the UK, or at least decriminalise if Ireland does. Sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm high as fuck. Just picked up some no name Haze dank

8. i am still pass by and watch the magic your guys will make 

9. finaly that will bring an end to €25 grams

10. does me head in mate can get standard gringo for 15€ a gram in dublin sometimes 10€