Irish Boys GLH 600w led grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. day 35 of flowering

Attached Files:

2. wow man they are great i hope my ladys get up there like that

3. Lookin great buddy! Lookn real good. Gunna may have to try one of these 90 watt ufos with my 45 watt panel. May try a small grow. Great yumm yumm

4. Holy smokes :smoking:
    Those looks like snow cones. I so want LEDs now :eek:

5. thanks guys!

just remember not all led companys are the same and some dont grow as good as others

6. :hello:Good news for me 2day.. my girls got there 1st orange hairs.. wanted 2 stop in and tell you i will post pics in a few days.. going out of town be back soon i cant wait..

7. #107 PowerInNumbers, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2010
    Looks good Irish.. Just found this thread today (wrapped as)..
    Was thinking of going for one of the 300w when it's back in stock..
    Being totally new to the world of indoor (and growing) I just wanted to ask your opinion if a closet grow for 2 or 3 plants (measuring 1.5 ft deep, 3.5 ft width, 5ft height) consisting of only reflective material inside (probs mylar or foil), a 300w GLH unit and a temperature range of 60 (in winter) - 100 (in summer) degrees (without taking into consideration any extra heat from the unit) would be on the money for a good grow?

Would there be any need for 1. a fan (read in another of your threads - I think - that movement from the fans will cause the plants to become stronger and is good for air circulation)? 2. Ventilation ducting (won't be using any co2) during any time of the year? Lastly, do you think a solution of hydrogen peroxide is a good way to treat/defend the plants against pests such as spider mites?

Hope I haven't asked too many questions. Any advice/info you can give would be terrific.

Cheers mate.

p.s. As with everyone, am looking forward to seeing the pics from your harvest

8. i think a 300w would be nice in that size area if you wanted to grow with leds? i really dont want to recommend an led light to buy at this moment until i finish this grow. and i know how it works for sure. but you can make up ur mind from my pics.

now if you can only fit one 300w then i would say go for it, if you could fit two 180's i would rather do that, but it seems the 300w is the only choice for that size of grow area.

now their would be 100% need for a fan to move the air around and build the stems stronger. its a must!

as far as the vent fan you should have one, plants love the fresh air and old air removed, but if you cant make a vent fan work for ur setup then you could wing it without one, but your yield will pay some. but you should leave your closet door open when the lights are on to get fresh air moving around in their. make sure every thing is light proof when the lights are off!!!

9. Thanks for the info brother.

All the best with the grow.. Wil be watching with keen interest.

Au revoir ;)

10. hey buddy when you chop you ladys down do you do all the triming befor they dry.. i was reading that some people trime every thing and some people only trime the big leaves.. just a question.. thanks man.. posting new pics 2mrw so be prepared... take care man

11. i usaly trim everything before i dry them. but last time i tried the only cut the fan leaves off and wait to trim once they were dry, and it was the most biggest pain in the ass ever. it double maybe even tripled my trimming time. i will never do that again, makes it allot harder to trim when the leaves are all dried and twister up.

12. ok thanks man i was just wondering what you think.. good to know...

13. Hey Irish, I have watched your grows and look forward to seeing how this light finishes off the plants in this one.

Can you maybe look at my grow and provide some pointers? Thanks!

14. ill take a look when i get a chance. remember if you have any question feel free to ask and ill try to help as best as i can.

15. day 42 of flowering

Attached Files:

16. :wave:wow that is amazing man.. looks great.. think i am going 2 try LEDs next time.. maybe.. anyway keep it up..

17. Very nice!
    So this is the begining of week 6, so there gonna fatten up even more this week, I can't wait to see what they look like in 7-10 days :)
    Are you still giving nutes?

S.S.

18. thanks man!

ya they will fatten up allot more the last two weeks and this strains should go 9-10 weeks. so they still have some time.

i will feed with nutes until week 9 then i will flush. i have some M.O.A.B that i will feed them the last 2 weeks to help fatten them up. as of now still using the GH flora series with flora nectar and green fuse.

19. nice looking buds!!!!! you are almost there dude!!!

keep up the good work

20. #120 flippa, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
    Weirdly... Whilst I like the pictures... still not sure these look equivalent to 600w HPS. Good grow Irish and don't get me wrong i would love to see watt for watt, same results as 600w HPS. You know I am already a hobbyist LED grower but my expectations are sensible for my wattage light (100w) and I throw in CFLs to boost things. We kind of need your experiment to prove that commercial growing could be viable with LEDs watt for watt... since while it takes away stealth in electricity bills... it most certainly deals with the heat signature (A v common way people get busted). Though to do a commercial grow with multiple 600w LED panels still seems an awfully expensive way to go! :) Anyways.. still crossing my fingers here the plumping up stage will blow me away. I was impressed before... am currently unsure of how these are progressing... still seem a bit tall and skinny with a fair amount of stem visible... v reminiscent of many other LED grows I have seen. Having said that all could change and now is obviously about to hit crunch time of your grow :). Been a fascinating grow and once agin you are keeping v neutral on the lights capabilities until the grow is done which is greatly appreciated. Good luck man! I'll be a watching. Cheers. PS Oh and top marks for attempting to stop that guy who wanted to rush out buy an LED light like yours before you finish the grow. People really shouldn't rush into these things till they see the end product!