Irish Boys GLH 600w led grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. that was my guess look's like you got this one under control man, thinking of getting a 180w LED soon to put between my 400 hps light's. how would you rate them 1-10? and the 90w?

2. here are some quick pics i just took to show Mid-week growth.

Attached Files:

3. here are some day 14 pics of veg

Attached Files:

4. Irish you might remember that I'm running a small scrog with a single Jumbo 180. I'm noticing very little stretching with my LED setup which is still in dirt at the moment. Got a few ideas as to why this is but wanted to give you a heads up... Your new test light is triple the power of mine, and if the spectrums are dialed in good like I believe the Prosource lights are, with all that power going on, you might have very little stretch too if your temps aren't high enough. I'm gonna keep watching this thru the summer noting how the temp increase might affect final stretch. They have Rumple's temps set at 89. Even though he's using co2, there has to be a reason for this. Just food for thought. You know you got my respect bro. Good luck on this new run, we'll be watching! Viper :wave:

5. Just want to show you guys the technology behind these LED light panels..
    As you can see in these pictures they use:
    High powered 3w/3 chip leds- Much higher intensity than 1w led's, 3 chip is like having 3 1w led's in one.
    11 wavelengths- each wavelengths targeted for high quality thick dense medical grade cannabis.
    90 degree lenses- for a perfect blend of the wavelengths without sacrificing to much footprint and still allow good penetration.
    As you can see these specs are unmatched and unchallenged in the industry. I believe these LED panels are far more advanced than any 1w panel out there.. the difference is truly night and day.
    As a side note.. high powered leds are important but so is the correct color spectrum, so for everyones information as of now the correct spectrum is not available in anything over 3 watt led's so be careful!

Picture of 3w/3 chip led's off, on and 600w panel..

Attached Files:

6. Irish your an LED light whore ;) (JK)

I'm loving it, all ready subscribed.

S.S.

7. ya not too sure how the stretching is on this new light i have is. but i am going to take a chance and flower around 20" or so. i know higher temps make ur plants stretch more because ive seen it with plants i have grown in the summer time. makes they more leggy.

8. yes i am.lol
    they just keep coming.

9. Yes it's kind of messed up, I gotta learn the stretch curve all over again. Then when the weather warms up the curve will change again. Anyway those 3 watt LED's look real nice, Too bad we're on the front end of what looks to be a worldwide depression or I would try this new tech. Money is tight around here. Thanks to you and a few others however, the haters aren't hating so feverishly as they were just a while back. :D Safe growing to all. V

10. i had some free time to snap a few pics of day 18

Attached Files:

11. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice lookin plants irish. I was wondering if they are from clone because they look like they are. Hope this light works out well for you. Good luck

12. thanks! yes their from clone

13. ok guys today is day 22 of veg. i am going to give them a few more days and ill hit 12/12. take a look at the nodes on the Hindu Skunk, very tight and stacked. this is with the light at 26" above the top of the plants. as of right now all plants are still covered completely by the led light even with them this big. i switched my nutes due to the lack of cal/mag my older nutes had in them. you can see on my older leaves where i had a mag issue, but all new growth is coming in good once i added cal/mag plus and change my nutes.

Attached Files:

14. looking great man. Im subbed.

15. Hey Irish, they look like they're getting what they want now but what nutes were you using and what did you change to? What were the changes? Just curous:) .v.

16. i was using supernatural brand nutes, and i switched to GH nutes

17. alright guys heres the pics of the end on day 28 of veg and the start of day 1 of flowering. the leaves arnt really that yellow and dull its just the way the camera makes them look with the flash on mixed with the led light. now lets let the games begin and see what kind of buds this bad boy can produce

Attached Files:

18. Looking very nice so far irish. Seriously one of the best looking LED grows Ive seen before. I cant wait till they have transitioned into flower and start making some nice frosty buds. Where did you order your LED light from again I was wondering? I just ordered one myself one growitled.com since they were having a sale. I purchased the 350W unit and am excited for it to come so I can see how well it works.

Also I noticed your plants look like they are yellowing a little on the lower leaves on the outside edges of the leaves. Have you noticed this as well and do you have any ideas what it could be? I was just thinking you may want to get it in check before too far into flowering. yellowing on lower growth can sometimes mean nitrogen defficiency, but I dont think that is exactly what you have going on there. Ill look around and see if I cant find out what it is. Anyways it doesnt even look to be that bad for your plants because its only on the bottom 1/3 of them or so.

Keep up the good work

flo

19. thanks for the good feedback.

their isnt any yellowing its just the way my camera with the flash on and the led light mixed makes it look. but during the first week of veg i had a mag def because my nutes went bad after using them so long, messed up my PH. but ive token care of it with cal mag+ and fresh new nutes. the bad is the older leaves leaves are stuck looking like that. but no yellowing just a mag def from when they were younger.

the light is from http://www.growledhydro.com/

20. Ahhhhh very good choice on the c ompany. I just recently ran across their website and would love to have one of their 300W units. Ill be sure to keep swinging by and tracking how this grow developes. Let us know how this unit compares to all the other different LEDs you have used. Thanks irish and happy toking.

flo