Irish Boys GLH 600w led grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by irishboy, Feb 7, 2010.

1. OC+ returns everything but what you are talking about.

You got a urll on that stuff?

2. heres a few branches from a couple of plants i harvested grown with leds, i still have 3 more plants to trim up

Attached Files:

3. #303 SWGreenThumb, Dec 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
    Hey man nice job growing that herb!

Are you still keeping the light 18" above the plants during flowering? I'm finishing up my second grow with LEDs and it's not turning out so well. (it's my second grow ever)

Actually my first grow might have been better... but I think I didn't fertilize very evenly this time and they are a little sickly looking. I'm using lights that have 3w bridgelux LEDs, I think... One 360W and two 180W lights. They are all suspended together and moving back and forth as one light.

I was worried about penetration so I have the lights really close (8 inches or so) but maybe the plants don't like this very much...

Well, anyway nice job growing and thanks for sharing. Hopefully I get it right the third time around!

Oh, I thought of some questions... Do you train the plants in any way? (pinching, topping, LST, SOG, anything?)

Also, do you have to remove upper leaves to get light to the lower branches?

4. these plants had major trouble because of the 100F+ temps i couldn't get them to flower for the longest time, so they kept on vegging and i ran out of head room like 10" from the tops and it gave me bleaching. IDK about ur lights not all leds are the same, but these ones will do more then good @18". this round i didnt use the 1 600w panel i used 300w panels instead.

you dont need to feed plants allot of food all the time, just a well balance food that has all the micros in it. these plants were grown off of food from Homedopt that you mix into the medium and it feeds for 9 months, so you just give them plain water. i wont buy those rip off nutes anymore. as you can see it treated my plants great.

5. This journal sold me on the idea of LED's. i've been doing research for my grow for 3 months. my seeds finally hit ground on the 2nd (1 day late!) and i plan on reinvesting everything into getting the grow room pimped with these LED's. i just want to say thank you for presenting an honest grow journal that has lots of pictures and was a valuable learning tool for me. :hello::D

6. thanks for the kind words. i am happy my grow helped you. check out my new grow in my sig lots of pics of plants grow with these lights

7. This journal sold me on also, I just have a few questions for you irishboy but for some reason my messages are not sending. I also am a fan or organic and your result amazed me I was thinking of running the some setup of a GL 120, i just am confused on how much LEDs i will need to cover the space. I was looking into Spectra LED 500 (new 2011 model) [Spectra LED 500] - $1,349.99 : Grow LED Hydro, Products, Spectra 150w, Spectra 300w, Spectra 600w, Growing LED Lights or do you recommend using 2xLED 290.

8. the 290w or the 500w will rock things out in that tent, i am not 100% sure witch would be better the two 290's or the one 500w? i like the two 290's are cool because when the girls are young you can just use one light and turn on the other one as they get bigger the signal 500w is going to be very very intense and grow some fat buds, but then again the two 290's will have more watts and a bigger foot print. its really a tuff call. i am going with the 500's on this grow. and will try the 290's on the next one

9. they dont have penetration like led or MH/HPS and they dont provide a complete spectrum neither dose HPS/MH

10. 65watts is still 65w, go by what the acturall wattage is, CFL's loose there spectrum over a short period of time and need to be replaced similar to HPS bulbs needing to be replaced every couple of grows.
    I've dropped many CFL's into LED only grows and temps went up they do contribute heat & I've also done a few CFL only grows, just enough heat to make the decision to just let the exhaust deal with it or to turn on the A/C, that wierd tipping point-a tuff call, I've actually seen a grow or two with CFL's only drive temps into the high 80's by themselfs with just an exhaust venting and ambient temps in the 70's.
    I can't convey how happy I am with GLH's 180w, I attempted to grow with HGL 126w thats how I gained my CFL expierance, to weak to produce much, best grow with those was with and equal amount of CFL wattage, still nothing compared to my recent harvest with the 180watters from GLH, I pulled 3-times more with GLH's lights than I ever did with Cammies from HGL's 126w watters.
    I'd use that $216.00 duckets towards getting 1-180watter, you won't be dissapointed, if your not satisified I'll buy it from you :)
    I know anyone new to growing who grows with GLH lights won't be dissapointed, talk the talk or walk the walk is what I say to the other LED light MFG.

I fully endorse GLH LED lights,
    Seymor Skagneti.

Ps- Me to :)-"just stoned thoughts while thinking more efficient ways than mh/hps"

11. I see IB missed your question on OC+. It's not a timed-release nutrient prill, it's controlled-release. It drops nutes via osmotic pressure between the contents of the prill and the surrounding medium (be it soil or soilless). The higher the temp, the more it drops nutes - ask Irish how it will fry your plants at 90F+!

If you have control of your environment, it's the bomb for simple growing.

Here's the label:

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have any more questions!

12. Hey irishboy. Have you tried the new grow shop in Finglas?

13. i think its blue, white, red, orange and each of those colors have a few NM to make it a 11ban. what my goals are the lights meet so not trying to reach a certain function i think thats more for the DIY type of person?

i have not

14. ]The Third Generation of LED Grow Light - 11 Band Diamond Series with 3W Epistar and Bridgelux, 11-bands- 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm, 480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm

• All LED lamps with 30, 60, 90 degree beam angle
    • Wide-screen for LEDs to emit more effective light
    • Produce less heat, 10 ºC-12 ºC temperature rise
    • Two quality switches control different colors, vegging & flowering, detachable power cord
    • Units can be daisy chain connected together by one input power plug
    • Hang kits included
    • 50,000 hours life time
    • Three-Year factory warranty
    • FREE Fedex Shipping International Economy with Tracking
    • Your payment secure with Paypal

Models: 3G Diamond Series Lens - OUR PRICES ARE 35% LOWER THAN SAME LED LIGHTS SOLD BY OTHERS!

DS 75- 75W 48x8x7cm $189 vs NA at advancedledlights.com...........Core Coverage
    DS 100- 150W 46x12x7cm $229 vs $295 at advancedledlights.com....2 ft x 2.5 ft
    DS 200- 300W 48x21x7cm $369 vs $545..............................................2.5 ft x 3 ft
    DS 300- 450W 50x30x7cm $549 vs $795..............................................3 ft x 3 ft
    DS 400- 600W 89x21x7cm $669 vs $995..............................................2.5 ft x 4 ft
    DS 600- 900W 89x30x7cm $869 vs $1395............................................3 ft x 4 ft
    DS 800-1200W 91x37.5x7cm $1269 vs $1995......................................3.5 ft x 4.5 ft
    http://www.advancedledgrow.com/

15. #316 HardDrive, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
    I still ain't sold, but I ain't tried these new LED's or Plasmas. I still use my LED's for Veggin' and HPS for Flowering.

If they could just get the penetration, and maybe these 3 watter's will, I'll make the jump. I've always liked LED's. I just don't get the GPW I want.

And they say save 60% on electricity, ah, 600 watts is 600 watts, if you figure in ballast, less ac, less work on the chiller you will save some, but damn the fuckin' price of these new units.