Ireland Overturns Abortion Ban

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, May 26, 2018.

1. We will be going a bit too far off topic so I will respond in PM.

2. What a sad day for Ireland.

3. Oh great! Ireland has now enabled lazy irresponsible people to doff off creation like just another inconveniencing hangover.

4. If it is democratically decided, then it is fair, regardless of whether it is moral or not, I think.

5. #25 garrison68, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    A 31 year old woman, Savita Halappanavar, died in Ireland in 2012, because she was refused an abortion, and this event was a major incentive for abortion law reform.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. So If 51% of Norwegians vote to make rape of women with black hair legal then it is fair and just?

I know it's an extreme but I'm just trying to bring a little consistency to your thinking.

7. No, it doesn't. Fair point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I have to say I appreciate your honest man, it can get very frustrating talking to some people who just cannot allow themselves to see that they are being inconsistent even when it is blatant.

Kudos

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. What’s your policy preference for abortion? No restrictions? Restrictions after a certain period of time? Just curious

10. So remind me you are personally pro life but politically pro choice yes? Why do you view this as a sad day? Wouldn’t an ancap world view be in favor of loosening abortion laws as they rely on a state to enforce? Do you break from traditional ancaps on this point or is my reading of how ancaps feel about abortion off the mark?

11. Just thinking in our current dichotomy. As long as they insist on government laws that one would actually serve for good.

12. JWS! How the hell are ya? Long time! [​IMG]

13. Na Zdravi brother! I'm well, how the hell are you?

• Like Like x 1
  14. You first.

"Psycho Mantis..?"

15. I’m pretty extreme on the issue. I think women should basically be allowed to abort until the baby/fetus/cell ball whatever you want to call it is out of the womb. I think the autonomous existing life should have the ability to decide if they want end potential future life because I value existing concscious beings more than potential conscious beings that could exist.

16. Doing good here, just getting older day by day. Too old to matter anymore, lol.

I hadn't seen your name pop up anywhere before, we must travel in different GC circles. :D

17. What if it's 95% out of the womb?

• Like Like x 3
  18. I'm about the same. Abort if desired at any point. I also believe in execution of murderers rapists and pedos. No point in keeping them around, the chance of reform is miniscule and they suck up tax payer dollars.

"Psycho Mantis..?"

19. I pretty much stay in here these days. Sometimes i go to the great outdoors and i just started up an outdoor grow so I've been in there too.

• Like Like x 2
  20. There’s definitely some shades of grey. I think if the baby is literally in the process of being born then it should be carried to term but if the woman’s not in labor it’s fair game. Like with all things you’ll get some questionable in the middle kind of scenarios but I think that’s an extremely small percent of the actual abortions people would receive.

• Like Like x 1