Ireland or uk outdoor grows?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by scotty111, Aug 5, 2011.

1. yeah im thinking the same

2. How are ye avoiding the mold?
    I had to chop mine last week cos of mold.

3. #83 IAmSpacedOut, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2011
    i dont how i am avoiding mold, i went up expecting brown slime but nothing
    i think it might have to do with the fact that everything around it is starting to die so more wind is getting to it

EDIT: lol i really should read over my post's thanks for pointing that out phlanjo :)

4. wing help plants fly high ;)

5. mine are frisians which are supposed to be mold resistant, but other than that id say its the wind helping too

6. #86 losgringos99, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011

Have been looking at doing frisian dews for a while now, how do you find them?
    Seen lots of good reviews on uk420 and other uk forums.

Had to bring the big momma inside today, gonna leave her in complete darkness for about 48hours to swell with resin, then chop time sunday afternoon. Had one last day of full sunshine so should be good for resin production, too much rain forecast over the coming days im not chancing it, trichs are about 40/60 clear/cloudy, a sprinkling of amber.

Took some pictures on my girlfriends blackberry(only camera i have access to at the moment :() but cant find the damn lead, typical. Will find it soon and post pics up in next day or so.

7. Wow. We had the first frost last night. No damage to the ladies but it did worry me! I just wish they would hurry up and ripen or I'm gonna have to chop before they ready.

Losgringos, does dark time make them swell? I wasn't aware of this!

8. #88 losgringos99, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
    well as far as im aware and from what ive read from numerous growers/breeders, there is less starch content after a prolonged period of dark, there is also an argument that the plants produce thc at night and after 48hours a noticable difference should be noticed, this is also kinda genetic specific as i dont think many pure sativas would benefit from this, mainly indicas, NL etc from what ive read. Also ive had to bring the plant in early so prolonged darkness will def help with ripening the bud.
    I did a test subject on my last indoor grow and the plant left in the dark was alot stickier and looked like it had an xtra sugar coating to them, wish id have done it to all of them :/ lol

9. Damn! I've already chopped the only one I had in a pot! I'd sure liked to have given that a go! And next year I'm going outdoor guerilla only so I won't have the chance! Nevermind do let me know how she fairs!

10. changing seasons, changing colours

Attached Files:

11. Loving the photo shoot phlando wish I had shot mine yesterday before harvest.

The purple power got chopped yesterday just in time for the first propper frost, no scales but a decent harvest ill try and aquire some for the final dried weigh in.

Also found the test subjects, super sour og and exodus cheese, riddled with mould, so they got chopped too. Again a fair quantity although the super sour was all popcorn buds. Still I'm very happy considering they were free seeds which had been crammed into a greenhouse. I expected less than i got which I think is always the way to go.
    All in all I'm damn happy with the outcome with the best will in the world the exodus and super sour arnt ment for the UK climate so I'm just happy I got some smokable product.

Still got a swiss cheese out in the garden which from a very shakey start is now doing better than the rest! I have moved the portable greenhouse over it to help keep the frost off. It's actually covered with fat rock hard nuggets of product that smells just like the skunky cheesey parents it came from. Gonna let that one go as long as possible in the hopes that ill get some very nice very large colas to smoke on a rainy day.

All in all this year in the south UK has been as good a year as is possible to grow in, in the UK. Mild long summer with 2 weeks of very late high temps and all day sun to really help the buds grow.

For a first time grower I've learned a huge amount which suprised me as I have grown more legal plants my whole life. And I think I've done damn well for a noob.

Next year ill be going guerilla on a large scale as we are selling the house with a secluded garden.
    I've already got 3 sites scoped and Will start preparing in late winter. Still on the lookout for another 3-4 sites in the hope at least some won't be found.
    I'll be growing next year,
    Purple power, frisian dew, swiss cheese, early pearl, and a few undecided autos for an early crop.
    If anyone has any other suggestions for early finishers that are tried and tested in the UK please let me know. With up to six sites next year ill have plenty of room!

12. what happens if you DONT chop before the frost kills them?...

13. Depends on strain, position any how cold it gets -2c and above most will survive but be stunted any colder and that's when you start to see problems, die back, frost damage etc....

14. how much longer do you think ive got in an unheated greenhouse?

15. Ok well depending on your elevation eg. Height from sea level and of course weather conditions in your area but generally a greenhouse will extend the growing season until mid November. But don't take my word for it, check weather reports nightly if the slush are clear and the temp is going lower than -2c for more than an hour or so is think about chopping. Unless the frost is particually harsh you should be ok in a greenhouse. Also consider daylight hours, as under 10 means thc production is halved from when we get 12 hours etc... No point leaving them past about the 10 November.

16. I'm in the south, and chopped very recently due to risk of - 0 temps.
    Vomit inducing - my advice is, have good air flow when trimming!

17. uk weather underground

Found this great site for local weather. Much more accurate than the conventional sites especially as you can find private forcasting stations. The one from my area is just 1/2 a mile from my grow site! Fantastic resource.

18. mine got chopped tuesday, anyone in ireland still growing?

19. yes, im fuckin WORRIED!!!!
    ive had them growing since late may and theyre not Budding properly, what the fuck!?!?!?
    i feeel theyre not going to finish in time at all, the buds arent even 'buds' yet :[

20. i had 2 nice females in pots.. got to big had to put em in my veggie garden.. they loved it!