Ireland legalizing medical cannabis next year

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Labido, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Medicinal cannabis available here in the next year - National News - Independent.ie

THE legal use of cannabis in medicines is to be introduced next year.

The Irish Independent has learned that the Department of Health is bringing in legislation to legalize medicinal cannabis.

The move follows applications from drugs companies to sell cannabis-based medicines in Ireland.

However, a spokesperson for the department stressed that the change would not apply to recreational use of the drug.

Many countries allow medicinal cannabis for the treatment of illnesses such as multiple sclerosis.

Irish law rules out even medicinal cannabis, except for research, but the Government has taken a different approach from the previous administration, when former health minister Mary Harney was reluctant to loosen controls.

2. Fuck yeah! Go Ireland!

3. woooooooooooooo, full blown legalization is on it's way.

4. Finally medical research is being resulted on the benefits of Cannabis; it'll take time for full legalization to happen. Fellow blade Twee who's Irish will definitely like this article.

5. Glad to hear.

6. Looks good, especially a country so close to the UK

7. I live up North so this won't effect Northern Ireland. :(

I'll have to look into a way of getting prescriptions there while living in Belfast and not having an ROI address. I know it can be done.

Hopefully this will have a big effect on the UK policy since the two countries are so similar on their laws.

8. Good luck :)

9. The UK is considering decriminalisation but not medical so we are getting there :)

10. proud to be a Mc' ;)

11. ok this is good excellent in fact:D...
    but seriously guys the politicians here in ireland work really really slow...
    almost coming to a halt a lot of the time...so well see i guess... as far as i know this law will only apply to sativex a spray type cannabis based medicine...

as for the herb i dont see the irish government even discussing full legalisation for a good long while...

but i have been wrong before...

:cool:

12. Hahahaha
    Northern Ireland wants to be in the Republic NOW :p very convienent

Only joking..
    Sure come bunk with me in my Dublin address :D

13. I've found a reason to move back to Ireland!

14. I want to move to Ireland,

10,000$ U.s Dolars = 7,400 Euros.

Is that a lot of money, enough to start a life thier? I wanna open a pub/MMJ place in Ireland that be sick.

15. Believe me you don't want to live in Ireland! There's no work and no sign of things getting better. Pubs close down every week in Ireland, so that's probably not a good idea. Even if this does go through there will always be the backwards yahoo's that will vehemently object to it and do their utmost to halt any progress,

why you ask ?

Because Ireland is governed by backward narrow minded yahoo's ,who want to keep us drinking water contaminated with fluoride, smoking their over taxed tobacco and slowly drink our selves to death in their pubs.

16. Lmao, Irish-world problems, hahaha the pubs closing down lool

17. Your mother

18. Damn i didn't know Ireland sucked that bad.

Figured their would be tons of job and places to live but i guess not.

oh well. :(

19. No way will this happen next year, no no no way. Maybe legislation so Sativax can be distributed here but that's about it I'd imagine.

20. That's all It's for I think, I mean what would the parish priest and all the local gaa village elders say!