Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Irbesartin & THC Help

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bdid, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Hello, I'm hoping some of you longer term users can help me with a question.
    I take Irbesartin 150mg for high blood pressure. I usually take it at night before bed as new research has indicated that is the best time to take it.
    I also take THC drops at night to help me get to sleep and stay asleep. The THC works great at doing this, but I've not been able to find much information on the safety of taking the THC around the same time I take the Irbesartin.
    I should probably mention that the THC drops take 2-4 hours to kick-in for me, so I usually take them 2-4 hours before I go to bed, whereas I take the Irbesartin right before bed.
    Anyone out there that takes Irbesartin for high blood pressure AND regularily takes or uses THC? From the very little I can find it seems that "maybe" the two in combination "might" lower my blood pressure, or heart rate, lower than normal, although that's not a bad thing unless either go too low I guess.
    Any advice or your own personal experiences with using Irbesartin and THC fairly close together would be most appreciated. Thank you!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Joker1121, Mar 31, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    https://cann-dir.psu.edu/drug-resea...9v2nAmhFTlpqxZZAWQmQ8ou3ON6g2zaURlbNarDs7Xww0
    I take irbesartan/HCTZ combo so take it in the morning and I smoke throughout my day without problems. Of course that doesn't mean there are no drug interactions. Good luck.

I just did a dive with all my meds and found this- "Irbesartan (Avapro®)

THC may affect the metabolism of Irbesartan

by INCReasing (↑) its drug effect by the CYP2C9 Substrate

References
    THC URL

Irbesartan Reference: Prescribing Info; (Date: 9/m2021) Irbesartan URL"

That said, I do not have any episodes of feeling my BP is low throughout my day, but I mostly smoke.

• Agree Agree x 1