Iraq War veteran tells the truth About War

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by HeavyHands, Sep 13, 2010.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kWU-JHetMM]YouTube - AMAZING SPEECH BY WAR VETERAN Asombroso discurso de un Veterano SUBTITULADO ESPAÑOL[/ame]

"Without racism, the soldiers would realize they have more in common with the Iraqi people than with the billionaires who send us to war."

great quote

2. My friend is in the reserves right now in Iraq also and he says virtually the same thing. Great vid.

3. great speech.

4. You can bet your ass he was put on a terrorist watch list after that speech.

5. Iraq war vet.

/signed

6. So why did he join if he feels this way?

7. damn right, and anyone he talks to.

8. Not everyone gets the same education about the nature of being in the military. And you certainly aren't going to get the truth from the state or federal government themselves, or the public school curriculum that they determine, or the media for that matter as they are owned by "defense" corporations. So that leaves friends and family who probably believe that the American military are paragons of humanity just like they learned from their friends/family/school.

Giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, he joined the military before the Iraq "war" broke out, believing in the propaganda of about how righteous and just our cause is in the Mideast, only to find out nothing could be further from the truth. Even upon learning the truth, it takes a monumental amount of courage to refuse deployment, because while you are very unlikely to be injured while on deployment even as an infantryman, you are guaranteed to be on the receiving end of a shitstorm from your own side that includes harassment, death threats, and prison, so that what? You can have a clear conscience? Only to have another generic, unthinking grunt take your place? Or maybe you'll end up on a video on YouTube. Maybe some people will leave comments about how brave you are, but other than that, you won't make a difference. Not to mention that all those veteran's benefits are forfeited without that "honorable discharge."

Anyway, that's a bit of a tangent.

tldr: Those that oppose the Iraq/Afghan wars are braver than those that fight it.

9. He feels this way AFTER joining and serving. he did not make this speech and then join.

IM sure this man joined for the same reason every other young man joins. Because its a gauranteed job ( assuming you don't get yourself discharged) That will pay for school, and is supposed to help forge you into a greater human being.

10. wow...i feel like i need to show this to people.

11. yea show it to as many people as you can.

12. i know what you mean i put this up as soon as i saw it

13. Amazing speech. Going to spread it around...

14. yea man people need to know the truth. even if most wont accept it

15. Good thing I knew all this when I was 14....

16. So that makes you 15 now?

Underage B&!

Oh wait, wrong forum.

17. Yeah about that, theres no war in Iraq, so I wouldn't listen to that if you paid me, my best friend is in the army and has been in Iraq, there is KFC and Subway...

18. :rolleyes: wow bro, wow...

19. #19 dubaba, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010
    So because there is KFC there is peace?

Its cool to see you all agreeing to marxism

20. #20 4Cave2man0, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2010

Yes clearly, you clearly understood what I wrote, way bto misinterpret things then put words in my mouth...

you fail miserably...

I stand by what i said, Iraq is fine right now it is becoming america over there, Afghanistan is where the "war" is.....if you want to be technical

but sure Iraq had its share of problems or whatever...there was war, but right now there is no war going on there from what I know...and I have quite a few friends still overseas