iraq feeligns

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by d2000, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Man, it is sadistic but no worse than any snuff films* vomits* they sicken me with rage.

2. Yeah, we should kill those bastards cuz as we all know they came and invaded our country unprovoked.

3. Hard to get away from that one.

4. I just wish some one could tell me how it is legal to protect our country from another country by going there..

Defense = go to other places when you don\'t know that they will come and hurt you??

My definition of defense is:

Suround this country so that attackers can\'t get in..

If people would take care of their own.. this problem would be non-existant..
    The government wants to show every one how POWERFULL we are..

The UN is for world affairs, not the US.

5. \"Yeah, we should kill those bastards cuz as we all know they came and invaded our country unprovoked. \"

^^ who came and invaded your country? certainly not iraq or saddam or anything like that. we have no business in iraq.

6. learn to pay attention yo, i was giving an obviously sarcastic response to Blazin\'s angry rant, my point was that we invaded them, not the other way around

7. shit piled on shit.

i\'ve been witnessing discussions all over the net about this.

one of the best arguments i heard was to imagine if the tables were turned. if there was another nations army occupying your nation and you thought the only way to get them out was to publicise something that the occupying nation\'s public wouldnt like... then wouldnt you do it? think how upset you would have to be before doing something like what was done?

also.. after all... this guy was no tourist. if you are an American in Iraq it is reasonable to asume that you are there for one of two reasons... with the military or there as a \"profiteer\" working no doubt for haliburton or others. either way its easily argued that you shouldnt be there.

there have been thousands killed by \"Coalition\" forces, most of them civilian allegedly. why has this one death garnered so much discussion? because we are all narrow minded little people going along with the philosophy \"out of sight, out of mind\".

its like the Americans dropping the big one on hiroshima in WW2. it was done to end the war early. this act is an attemtp to get the soldiers out of there and end it early. thats about as possitive as i can get about it. murder is sick, war is sick, war mongers are sick.

Humans eh... what fucked up little creatures we are. :(

8. Not that it makes much difference but there are several companies that he could have been part of, some of which only had to do with communications or power restoration. They aren\'t all mercenaries.

9. oh, and one other little point to make to all the people who think we should \"nuke iraq/the middle east\", \"hunt down those cowards/animals\"... way to go, you\'ve just successfully become as low as those that perpetrated this crime.

Please, PLEASE for the sake of peace, could you try to be less reactionary, a little more reasonable. it is exactly this type of reaction that i\'ve seen far too much off all over the net that leads to never ending wars. Izrael and Palestine springs to mind. tit for tat. like faluja... that was a couple hundred dead iraqis to make up for one american... we gonna get some more now? :(

i envision two aliens in a space craft looking down on us having a conversation,
    Z: looks like they\'re not ready. they\'re like bickering little children.
    X: They\'ll never be ready. lets go home.

:D

does anyone know of a way to instantly get everyone in the world to see sence? and if so, why the fuck are you holding back!!?

ahhh grasscity... place of peace. :)

10. point taken.
    i was really just regurjitating others views there.

11. The only problem with this type pf thinking is.......... the US is going to send almost twice as many more national guards over there in less than a week.. The US will now stay even longer than they would originally had.

Some times things like this only makes things worse..

12. You all make it sound like we are at war or something. Its over. We are there attempting to rebuild their country. We are not looking to fight. We are not going out on missions hunting people down. There is no more Iraqi army to fight. We have been reacting to a FEW rebels. The MAJORITY of Iraqis want us there to help them. But once again, there are a FEW people that don\'t want us there and attack our troops any chance they get. What, we aren\'t going to shoot back? Yeah right.

True, this guy should have thought twice about going to work in Iraq. But saying its his fault and that he deserved it because he was there to make money is ridiculous. Using that logic, it would be alright for me to take a stroll to Brooklyn, kidnap an innocent Iraqi living in America just trying to make money for a better life, and cutting his head off on film because he is in my country. Its sick, twisted and wrong. We are going to find those responsible for this cowardly assassination and we ARE going to kill them. Its just too bad they will probably have much quicker deaths.

btw....I am with you guys when it comes to whether we should be there or not. I think we should pull out now. Should have been out of there the day after we caught Saddam. And every day since then I have eagerly awaited the good news that we are bringing all our troops home. The mission, which was to get Saddam out of power, was accomplished. There is no need to be there any longer. But some people are more compassionate then me and think we should stay and help them rebuild.

13. ive tried to avoid watching the video at all cost. i lived in the middle east (saudi) in the early 90\'s right before saddam decided he wanted kuwait. when i heard the video clip last night, my gf wanted to see it, it just made me sick inside. i was trying to concentrate on the meal that i wanted to eat, but i couldnt. this whole thing became more to me. for one, i dont think the iraqis can be any different then the saudis. these are countries that do not recognize the fact that it is 2004. their calender year is 1504 i believe, and they would really like to keep it like that.

what bothered me the most, they took mr. Berg. kidnapped him and probably beat him and tortured him before his execution. ive never thought much about this happening to anyone. but i think it was the manner in how he was treated. naked, tied up with fanatics chanting \"god is great\" he was made to identify himself and his family. they put him on the ground and cut his throat like he was some filthy animal while he screamed and they chanted \"god is great\" i dont think ive ever felt so nauseated. anger, frustration and despair for him having to die alone and die alone like that. i cant hate the iraqis or the muslims in that part of the world or any part of the world. not all of them are like that. my friend in saudi was outraged by this he told me and i know a true muslim would never do this and would condone such acts. that was a barbaric act, one to spark rage on our side. true what we did to the prisoners pales in comparison, but you have to take into consideration the degration those guys felt. we are talking about a country where woman are not equal and will never be eye to eye to a man. backwards, yes, but its THEIR culture. these are the things are country supposedly fight so hard to preserve, yet our woman were mistreating them and forcing them into doing things a man wouldnt do. what an insult.

i just know that i wish this thing would stop. i dont see it getting any better. the whole situation is so fucked, we dont even know who to blame anymore. I pray for the family of Mr. Berg, and their loss, I felt and will always feel. He did not deserve that. may those iraqis find their nirvana in hell.

14. my bad krazihare. idk wha i was readin. im drunk. peace.

but im drunk now, and whoever said that \"we\'re not at war\", is wrong. we\'re sooo at war. you americans ahve to understand that this isnt as simple as: quick war, rebuild. this is not what you\'re used to...too bad this government cant see any other point of view then their own. this is a wierd area of the world and they have their own views on shit. you dont just win a \"war\" and rebuild their country like you would if it was in europe. this is the middle east, there will be no rebuilding. the war will never stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.