Iran's Medical Marijuana report on Liver Cancer

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mikeferdy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. The Islamic Republic of Iran's Tehran University of Medical Sciences recently released a journal called "Toxicology Mechanisms and Methods" which is available for purchase here.

https://www.informahealthcarestore.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=1537-6516

Price tag: $2573/-

Why is this Cannabis news? Well, an abstract of the journal under "Evaluation of anti-invasion effect of cannabinoids on human hepatocarcinoma cells" shows they were investigating the effects of 2 Cannabinoids which affects both the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the attempt to find a natural product as a solution to Cancer.

What they found was Cannabinoids are effective in reducing cell viability, cell invasion as well as MMP-2 and MMP-9 expression in higher dose of 20nM in hepatocellular (liver) cancer.

Study: Cannabis Agonists Produce Anti-Cancer Effects In Human Liver Cancer Cells

Evaluation of anti-invasion effect of c... [Toxicol Mech Methods. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

2. Interesting. I thought they were solely focused on trying to dupe the world into believing they don't want nukes.:rolleyes: I recently heard on the radio that cannabis paralyzes the protein which makes the grease that allows cancer cells to divide.:hello:

3. I'm not sure.... It could be a cheap attempt at allowing Americans to justify their drug use, while they may have created the research findings from thin air

4. TROLOLOLOLOLOL..

Seriously, cannabis has more uses than any other organic matter on this earth. It can be used for food, for oil, for paper, for building material (great at it too), for medicine of ALL SORTS, and it has therapeutic properties also. Can it be abused? Sure, but the substance itself has a bunch of benefits and is good, and to ignore and say otherwise is stupid. The only negative, is that "you get high". Why is that bad?

5. Who has a problem with a country that is surrounded by like 2000 countries with nukes that wants to have a few nukes?
    Great Research though.

6. wouldnt it be some shit if irans actually trying to idk.. develop nuclear energy.. and not start a global nuclear holy war... what a far fetched idea that would be

7. ^....Except leaders from around Iran have stated numerous times their wishes to destroy America and Israel, as their basis for Shariah Law (a world orderly Muslim rule). Look it up.

8. #8 nguyentrung, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  9. [​IMG]

But anyway, it's good the world is starting to take interest in medical cannabis (again).

10. it would be far fetched if we didnt forcibly remove millions of Palestinians, create a jewish state that openly treats non jews as second class citizens,and didnt support them in their various random non legal military excursions into sovereign nations, their crimes against humanity, and other war crimes.

my .02

11. Well, since we're going into nuke talks...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzvhukfAci8]Israel's 'denied' nuke sites: UN demands atomic arsenal access - YouTube[/ame]

Seems that the shoe is now on the other foot... Now the UN is pressuring Israel to disclose its Nuclear Arms....

12. This was obviously where the thread was headed, but to reply to the OP maybe this is proof that Iran isn't as ass backwards as the media portrays. I wouldn't go so far as to call them progressive, but let them have a few nukes. After all they actually signed and followed the NPT unlike some countries whose nukes we don't confiscate.

13. Is Iran that stupid to really use 1 nuke against israel to have their own country become a sinkhole? Cmon guys, everyone knows america has more nukes than they can count.

On topic: Thats an expensive ass journal, they must be selling it to fund the nukes!!!! GUYS DONT BUY THE MAGAZINE OR THEY WILL BUILD THE NUKES AND AMERICA WILL BLAME IT ON THE STONERS.
    PS: don't get mad at my motha fucking caps, as it was a joke.

14. Iran and Israel both agree on one thing.

Cannabis is medicine. Peace through healing, and healing through peace is possible.

The gift of the Magi this season, is Kush.:wave:

15. hopefully more of them start blazing, it would make the whole muslim movement chiller

16. Cannabis is already an integral part of many Muslim sects, like the Sufis, they use it when meditating or praying, same with some Hindus. Just throwin some info out there ;)

17. the sunnis and shiites still need more bud in their diets