[IRAN] Yeeeehaw lets kill some protesters

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AduhAwas, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Disgusting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlyS787AnkY]YouTube - Man run over and killed during protests in Iran[/ame]

2. Im seriously sitting at my computer fuming.:mad:

What can we do?

3. Yup, bad drivers are unique to Iranian police officers.

Lets invade!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrlWTDhscaQ"]YouTube- Police Truck Runs Over Store Robber[/ame]

4. Uhm, aaronman, how can you compare chasing down a criminal fleeing from arrest (who might have been armed for all we know), with the scene from Iran where police are mowing down civilian protestors at will?

Are you fucking serious? Get a grip. Shees.

5. #5 aaronman, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    I didn't really see them mowing down civilian protesters at will, It looked like he hit a guy when they were driving recklessly through a crowd... probably trying to get somewhere...

Disgusting shit happens in every country by every government. I could find a million YouTube videos demonstrating this, and then put a scary message at the end.

And it was an individual driving the truck, not "Iran".

You probably think the leaders told them to kill as many as they could with their trucks. You guys are foaming at the mouth here.

I support the protesters, but I especially don't support the sensationalist war mongers.

edit; what about the innocent nuclear physicist killed by US-Israeli terrorists today? Is that disgusting, or justified?

6. What?? Did you watch the same video we did?

The first truck has a fucking grate on the front which he uses to smash into the dude at high speed, then dipsets. The second van lines up and just runs the guy over while people are screaming at the driver to not run him over.

7. The police killed someone? Shocker.

Seriously though, there isn't much we can do at this point. That guy on the ground is probably dead and the police that ran him over aren't going to lose any sleep over it.

8. I only saw the guy laying on the ground, didn't see him get hit. The second truck backed up, after apparently hitting the guy, then moves forward and runs him over.

Why'd they only target one man, and not the entire crowd as you suggest was their goal?

Maybe the man was fleeing arrest (who might have been armed for all we know).

Yea, I'm an apologist for murderous Iranian cops, but someone's gotta do it. :D :eek:

9. Whos foaming at the mouth? All I did was post the ONLY version I could find on youtube. How is this being a sensationalist war monger? Just because you can point hundreds of other instances of injustice, does not mean that we ignore the one at hand right now.

As for the killing of the physicist , that's just fucking crazy. Time for you to create a topic?

10. Yeah, they were trying to get to the closest civilian as quickly as possible.

Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls

Now I just need that picture that says "Dictators Agree... Gun Control Works!"

Well, they do represent the wants of the Iranian government don't they? Maybe they're not purposely running people over, but at the same time, maybe they don't really give a shit if they "accidentally" mow someone down...

11. Sorry, I assume when people attempt to pull heartstrings and demand action against Iran they are calling for direct intervention. What are you suggesting we do to help the minority protesters?

How'd you come across this video, anyways?

There is just so much more fucked up shit going on in the world, especially by our OWN government, and we're worrying about some truck driving idiots in Iran?

Another example, today in Afghanistan 6 protesters were killed when protesting the US desecration of the Quran.

12. We should start protesting OUR government. :D

13. Maybe they were trying to get out of the raging violent mob?

[​IMG]

Two Iranian security officers being protected by opposition supporters after clashes with protesters

14. #14 Shade, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
    I don't know the details or specifics about the OP video, but it certainly didn't look like it was a peaceful protest for whatever reason. From what I could tell there looked like there were possibly multiple buildings (or something) on fire as was apparent from what looked like a couple of rising columns of smoke in the background.

:confused_2:

If Iranians are reaching a point of civil revolution of some kind, isn't that their business? Have they made a public outcry for support of any kind?

15. They don't need to make a public outcry, the US government already funds them through USAID. Not sure what ever happened with the funding, whether NERDI was cancelled in favor of less conspicuous USAID, but it will certainly make an impact.

(If someone can find a more recent source on Obama's funding to USAID or the Near Eastern Regional Democracy Initiative that'd be cool)

I believe there is a real desire for change in Iran, but I'm still skeptical of everything we're shown from there. For example the whole Neda thing and how it was so well filmed and from multiple angles.

16. I don't get you shade or aaronman? Are you trying to defend the actions of the repressive Iranian regime? Do you not understand why there is massive outrage and protests against the regime in Iran? Why there are mass demonstrations?

Are you trying to blame the protestors for the violence? What is it?

What you are seeing in Iran, is a people that want to be free. A people that to a large degree have lost their fear of the regime. Like a few weeks ago when a mob raided a hanging-party, and actually rescued two men from the gallows. And as in the picture aaronman posted, where they beat up, but not killed, a couple of the security forces out to repress them. Yelling to them why they do this, why they kill innocents. Why they support the regime and not the people. You found the picture, why did you not post excerpts from the story?

Personally, you both make me sick with this making excuses for repressive regimes. You think the west and the US in particular is so bad, that you have lost perspective on what bad really is.

No-one here in the west try to force you into what to think or say or do. There is here a very liberal society, where most things are allowed within a sense of common courtesy. There is freedom of press, thought, religion and expression.

That is the what the Iranians want. To be free from the oppressive thumb of theocratic dictatorship, and enjoy a life without thought police. And you critizise them for lashing out against their oppressors?

Fucking hell. You sound like slaveholders from two centuries ago complaining about blacks rioting.

"it certainly didn't look like it was a peaceful protest for whatever reason" - Shade

What the hell do you fucking expect. Roses and wine, coming to a fucking agreement on being civil?

Why the fuck do you try to make excuses for the theocrats and their apparatus in Iran?

It's a revolt. The only way it can be civil, is if the regime have respect for their people and cave before there is excessive bloodshed. Like in many of the former communist eastern european states.

17. No, I'm attempting to approach the issue intellectually rather than emotionally, and thus allowing for the various possibilities which are unknown to me.

All I see in this particular instance is a presumably dead/injured person in the middle of the street get run over by a car against a backdrop of clearly angry civilians and indistinguishable objects that are on fire. There are a number of possible explanations.

It's unfortunate that a person was run over, but I don't necessarily know from just watching this video whether or not they initiated force in this incident. That much has been omitted but it is fundamentally important to me in terms of arriving at a moral conclusion about the situation.

What were the men in the gallows for?

How were the security personnel trying to repress them?

These details are important.

I don't remember making excuses for anything or anyone. Maybe you should learn to read and comprehend posts before jumping to emotional (read: irrational) conclusions about them.

I disagree.

Again, I don't remember criticizing anything. L2read.

Oh look, more emotion. I didn't realize you were alive two centuries ago to know what the slaveholders sounded like. I'm pretty sure everything I stand for goes against the concept of slavery as well, but you don't seem interested in such things as facts.

I didn't expect anything. I commented on what I gathered from the video posted in the OP. Are you saying the protest was peaceful? I even included the provision of "for whatever reason", acknowledging that the video didn't provide such details, and thus allowing for the protest to be just, or immoral in light of those details should they ever be shared.

:rolleyes: Show me where I make any excuse for anybody about anything. I don't rely on making excuses, I refer to natural rights to determine what is or is not moral.

You should really learn to leave that emotion at the door, IMO.

18. Well, here is my approach. When a regime, any regime, try to stifle freedom of thought and expression, and when the population revolts against it, they have my full unconditional support.

Trying however to be a cultural relativist, making excuses for the bastards that keep an entire people down, do not fly very well with me. Not intellectually nor emotionally.

So, pretty simple, no matter the means used by the Iranian people, do you support their struggle to get rid of their theocratic regime?

I know I do. I know the father of my nephew do, who is Iranian, who know the oppression in Iran and had to flee to Norway because of it. I know most iranians feel the same way.

So where do you stand really? You think this struggle against an oppressive regime is some US/Israeli plot that makes the whole effort illegitimate in your eyes?

I do not quite get it? You try to make yourself out as an intellectual, but all you are really doing is harping on details, forgetting the big picture. That there is a whole fucking people fighting for at least a semblance of freedom!

19. It's like talking to a wall.

Again, what excuses?

Where do I stand? If natural rights are being violated, there is injustice.

Harping on the details? Really? Morality, or lack there of, is dependent on the details. My bad for wanting to consider the facts of a situation before jumping to a conclusion? I'm such a bastard! :ey:

If the person in the street, for instance, came up and stabbed some random security person who was otherwise just standing there, then the person in the street was in the wrong.

If the person in the street, however, was just standing there and randomly, yet purposefully, got hit by a security person's vehicle, then the security person was in the wrong.

Just because a regime may be oppressive doesn't give its citizens the right to indiscriminately initiate force against security personnel who may be employed by the regime. And for all I know, from what the OP's video supplies, that is a viable possibility in this case.

Similarly, I don't agree with the US government's "war on terror" in the Middle East, but I don't necessarily hold every associated member of the US military accountable for it. That would be illogical to me. And it certainly doesn't give me the right to indiscriminately initiate force against any random employee of the government I see.

...It's really not that hard to understand.

20. You are trying to row away on foggy talk again. Diverting from the issue.

Do, or do you not support the iranian people to rid themselves of their oppresive regime by any means at their disposal. A simple yes or no would suffice.

I could expand by asking you if we, the democratic world, should support it, but I guess that would cloud up your judgement, thinking whatever the west do is somehow more evil than say, oh I don't know, the current Iranian regime?