Iran, Israel and Nukes...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Apr 14, 2012.

1. In 1986, Mordachai Vanunu blew the whistle and provided photographs showing Israel's clandestine nuclear weapons factory underneath the reactor at Dimona.
    Untitled Document

-Washington's chief nuclear arms negotiator, asked Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
    Israel said NO.
    Washington's chief nuclear arms negotiator Rose Gottemoeller calls on Israel to sign Non Proliferation Treaty | World news | guardian.co.uk

-The UN passed a resolution calling on Israel to sign up to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and to submit to inspections.
    Israel said NO.
    UN body urges Israel to allow nuclear inspection - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

-The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) asked Israel to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and to submit to inspections.
    Israel said NO.
    IAEA urges Israel to allow nuclear inspection - Israel News, Ynetnews

Iran on the other hand informed the IAEA of its plans to construct a second uranium enrichment facility.
    As Required, Iran Informs IAEA About New Enrichment Site -- News from Antiwar.com

But Iran and not Israel is portrayed as the problem.:confused:

Should Israel not have to abide by the same rules as all the other kids ?

2. #2 Rotties4Ever, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    if war was a leveled playing field maybe,
    like it or not
    enemies of israel never played fair from the start
    in fact theyve been using coward tactics so much through out this vendetta against Israel that its become their trademark

i still dont understand how blowing up a bus full of kids and women going to prove anything.

While you may have a problem with Israel's governement you have to admit, blowing up innocent women and children is downright moronic and doesnt prove anything,
    if Israel is the bad guy...then it makes sense to be heartless and souless?
    what kind of backwards logic is that? oh ya the same one as women being objects and not EQUALS.

edit- you want progress on less nuclear powers in Israel, how about making progress with the obviously brote less civilized nations around Israel huh?
    how about standing up for all the oppressed people in those countries that hate Israel,
    no we cant have that
    god forbid we look in the mirror, much easier to point fingers at other people
    how is that working out by the way?
    Im pretty sure that if those countries behaved more mature and less grade school "my penis is bigger then yours crap" then Israel wont be scared shitless (due to everyone around Israel wanting its destruction, gee I wonder why) and overcompensate by hoarding nukes...
    derp
    /rant

3. What about actually addressing the OP rather than rant about Israel being picked on ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't believe any of the Zionist Jew conspiracy crap, but I don't get why Israel gets to do whatever they want. They are the only country that bosses the US around. That's refreshing, but they don't do anything positive with their power...

5. i did
    you got issues with Isreal having nukes
    I told you why
    you dont have to like what i said
    but you cant refute it

6. It does not answer the question i posed.......

Are you saying that Israel gets a special pass because of its neighbors ?

How can Israel be allowed to go unchecked when such extreme pressure is being leveled on Iran to give full disclosure ?

7. Israel has no desire to wipe Iran off the map, it has the capabilty, wheres is Iran has desire to wipe off Israel of the map, but does not possess the capability yet.
    Who can honestly allow or not allow Israel anything?
    How can Israel be allowed?
    Israel doesnt need anyone's permission regards on how Israel chooses to defend it self, I assure you Israel would fight with everyone if it came down to it, but for the most part Israel just wants to be left alone.
    Israel doesnt hold holidays where they celebrate death, and cheer death to Iran, and muslims world wide, (cept maybe the crazies, but they are found in every corner, albiet much more common in radical regime countries :), im sure i dont need to tell you that)

Bob marley said it best

8. I am not arguing with Israels right to defend itself just the hypocrisy of jumping up and down about another country developing something that Israel has hidden in the basement.

It seems as if there are a different set of rules for Israel...

9. yes and I explained why time and time again.

Im pretty sure that if instead of playing compare penis sizes, being a total asshat, and alienate allies,
    Iran wouldnt be in this pickle right now

10. Because they are surrounded by neighbors that they don't get on with ?

You have to have the same rules for everybody in the game. Either that or throw out the rule book and have a free for all...

The same thing could be said about Bibi and the boys...

11. ps war is not fair,

going on a bus and being blown up cause some people have beef with your government is not fair, honetly cmon, you think those suicide bombers ever ask some of these people they about to blow up, some of them actually might be sort of allies in a sence that they feel the same way regarding Israel and percieve its action as aggresive but then they get blown up and its the end of that.

what you dont see is that all these sucide bombing have had the opposite effect and helped pave the way (ironically) to the global empire, as sad is this might sound, but perhaps they should have made allies like the russias or chinese, or even venezuela, learn something from them....

12. Whatever way you look at it Israel is being hypocritical...

The sad part is that successive US governments have given Israel free reign to do as it pleases and this has led the country to a dark place whereby they do not have to think about solving the problem only maintaining the status quo.

13. maybe so but you gotta admit, when your enemy is fighting by the rules Israels enemies fight, "not thinking about the problem" is much easier then thinking about it.

gotta ask why that it

14. They are fighting the only way they can.

When the IRA were blowing up British military barracks, killing soldiers, etc etc in Northern Ireland there was no progress in their campaign for recognition and equal rights for Republicans/Catholics.
    But when they brought the bombing campaign to the streets of London and other parts of England everything changed....

15. And I don't understand how the use of Phosphorous bombs on civilian populations burning, disfiguring and killing people will prove anything either. :confused_2:

16. #16 Rotties4Ever, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
    actions of a handful of people
    lets paint awhole set of people based on the actions of few
    also do you think those evil soldiers that knowingly and purposefully used the phosphorous bombs had a goal in mind other then to achieve pain?
    i doubt,
    mr "im going to blow up innocent people to stop an empire" (an empire that cares very little of those said innocent people) did it just for pain, no
    they do it to achieve a purpose, someone even said how that is justified and right also,
    just boggles the mind

17. The good guys get to have nukes, the bad doesn't.. Very simple.

18. We gave them a reactor, than over threw Iran's democratically elected government.

Aren't we the bad guys?

19. The good guys get to have nukes ?
    The US (the only ones to use actually use them) , Russia and Israel are the good guys ?:)

Would you agree Dima that Israel should open its doors to inspectors who can see what nukes Israel has ?

20. [quote name='"MasterShake2153"']We gave them a reactor, than over threw Iran's democratically elected government.

Aren't we the bad guys?[/quote]

No, the "bad guys" i was referring could be anyone which is not stable enough to hold nukes.

You never know where Iran's nukes will end up in 10 years.. Hizbollah? Hamas? Al Qaida? They are supporting theses groups on daily basis.. Weapons, money, training and what not ... What is a little nuke to help a friend right ? ....