iPower HPS/MH ballast- anyone use this brand?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by sarscarab, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I am looking at a 400 watt HPS/MH light system and it has an iPower digital ballast. Before I buy the setup just wanting to know what other people think of the IPower digital ballast. How does it compare to other digital ballasts out there. If you own it would you buy it again or recommend it to your best friend?

I know it's made in China

Thanks for the help GC blades.

2. I've bought them... they're alright. One over heated one time but i had it in a constricting location. I've had one last 4 full grows then die out. You get what you pay for.

3. I figured that would the type of review on this ballast. Functional but not the best in the loing run. If I can get 4 grows out of it that would fine for learning with out a steep investment. Thanks for your reply.

4. my week old ipower ballast went out on me today(defective)...on the plus side, their customer service is great...was on the phone with them 5mins before they sent me the return slip...although i've never had a prob with my hydrofarm magnetic ballast...

5. darn, that is exactly what I don't want, how long will it take to get your replacement and where did you purchase the ballast?

A friend of mine purchase a system that has the same ballast but it has not arrived yet.

When I move my ladies to flowering I definitely will need the thing to work reliably. I have my new grow room built and now need the light system and exhaust system. The plants will be ready to move in 2 weeks.

Let us know how long it takes to get the replacement and how well it works. Good luck with your grow.

6. Thanx bro..I sent it off this morning and the guy in customer service said I should get the new one in 7-10 days

7. You get what you pay for, it might last 4 grows it might last one, ya never know, check out aegsupply and the hypotek ballast, they're pretty cost worthy and built well. I got the 400w dimmable.

8. ^^^def the truth...my more expensive american made hydrofarm ballast hasnt given me any probs..

9. thanks for the answers going to aegsupply. can't wait to see the sticker shock. I agree totally, you get what you pay for. What caught my attention was the made in China. I am always leary of their quality. Hell the chinese could contract it out and a guy in a dog house is building them.

10. [quote name='"sarscarab"']thanks for the answers going to aegsupply. can't wait to see the sticker shock. I agree totally, you get what you pay for. What caught my attention was the made in China. I am always leary of their quality. Hell the chinese could contract it out and a guy in a dog house is building them.[/quote]

Lmfao....true tho..