IPower grow lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ElementGREEN, Jun 25, 2012.

1. I've been looking for a cheap digital 400w hps system. There are a couple good looking kits on eBay made by Ipower with 400w ballast, hps bulb, cool tube reflector, and hangers. I just can't find any reviews on all the equipment though. Is Ipower a good brand? Any experience with their products? Anyone else recommend a good 400w hps system for under $200, preferably with a cool tube?

2. you should go with lumatek, great warranty.

3. #4 420patient, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    The i power works pretty good i bought one a year ago and it's still going strong. I figure for the price if it lasts 2 years i got my moneys worth..."i see it lasting alot longer then that". But if you get more serious then id upgrade to lumatek as GrowBot sugjested... ipowr 400w swictable dimmable on ama for like 150 shipped.

4. Sounds great. I will use the iPower to start and once I need to upgrade I will go with a better brand. The ink thing that I would have to replace is the ballast and bulbs when they go out? Correct?

5. ballast

bulb

cool tube

cost = 282$ for good ballast, good bulb and reflector.
    instead of saving 70$ for probably a crap bulb and ballast(which is most important)

6. #7 tharealmclovin, Aug 1, 2012
    Except there is no fixture, timer, or anyrhing else. Isn't It best to used HPS and MH?

EFIT: Didn't realize the cool tube was a fixture. I thought it was another bulb.

7. fixture is the cool tube... timers are cheap 5$-10$ its better to start with a good ballast and bulb than have to upgrade and have cheap junk laying around. it could be a decent ballast...no one knows.. whats the power efficiency..it could say 400w but most hids use more than what they are rated for...could be using around 600w to run the 400w bulb..

and also the bulbs can all be 400w hps and have completely different usable light spectrums. the cheap bulbs usually have crappy spectrums

8. I will probably go with the better stuff if it's not too much more. I just want to get everythin at once though and not have to worry about anything later on.

9. i ordered my 600w galaxy ballast from that hydro source ebay store, fast shipping and most of their shipping is free. you could find a cheaper cool tube or hood if you look around

10. Is that cool tube big enough for 4-8 plants?

11. #12 teSmp, Aug 1, 2012
    I have the iPower 400w ballast with an air cooled hood, got the MH and HPS bulb. Not a single problem you can check my journal everything was done with this ballast..

As far as the guy above was saying with efficiency I can't tell you how many watts its pulling or if a more expensive bulb would have made my plants even better.. I'm happy though :)

I know someone who has had several of then running for five years and his lumateks crap out on him after a year or two.

12. How many plants on that 400W iPower?

13. #14 teSmp, Aug 1, 2012
    [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']How many plants on that 400W iPower?[/quote]

Right now i am running a single plant that has filled my 3x2 tent under a SCROG. 31 days of flower:

image-2567198246.jpg

I don't care about running a lot of plants.. Ive had 7 plants in the same tent, much smaller of course.

14. Very nice. I am just starting maybe I'll try SCROG later on.

15. Actually man id go ahead and try your first grow it's pretty simple, or atleast LST and or top that makes a huge difference in your yield. All these methods give you somthin to do while there growin cause it will seem like an eternity ur first grow, cause you'll be watchin em like a hawk...:D

16. [quote name='"420patient"']

Actually man id go ahead and try your first grow it's pretty simple, or atleast LST and or top that makes a huge difference in your yield. All these methods give you somthin to do while there growin cause it will seem like an eternity ur first grow, cause you'll be watchin em like a hawk...:D[/quote]

Totally agree..

17. Do you have any easy to follow tutorials. I was just gonna follow the book, “MARIJUANA BUDS FOR LESS GROW 8 OZ. OF BUDS FOR LESS THAN $100 which is really simple.

18. [quote name='"tharealmclovin"']Do you have any easy to follow tutorials. I was just gonna follow the book, “MARIJUANA BUDS FOR LESS GROW 8 OZ. OF BUDS FOR LESS THAN $100 which is really simple.[/quote]

For what a SCROG? Or LST?

19. It's all over this site man just search... There is some awesome advice on here.