iPod

Discussion in 'General' started by Stoner420Chick, Mar 25, 2008.

1. If I were to sell my iPod with all of the music on it do you think I could sell it for close to the original price? It's also still under warranty until July. It's a 30gb, bought in July replaced in October...has about 4,000 songs on it and a rubber case for it, but no headphones. It cost me $250 brand new, how much do you think I would be able to sell it for?

2. Depends where u plan 2 sell it at........If you go 2 www.ebay.com and search the brand and model #...you can get an idea on the going price...or if u plan on selling it on the streets.....2 be honest...u might not get what you expect.

3. Yea..well if you read my last thread you'd see that I'm desperate for money. I absolutely love my iPod, but it's one of the only things I could see me getting any money for.

4. You'll be lucky to get $100 for it on the street or at a pawn shop... Unless you know someone who REALLY wants an ipod.

5. I didn't see the last thread you started, but if you're so desperate for money that you're selling prized posessions... Then seriously you should look into donating plasma..
    It's for a good cause and you get a good amount of money.. Shit even collecting cans can get you some extra money.. Or just sit on your computer all day and start a cashcrate.com account and do adds.. You can really make money off of those sites.. Always ways to make money without selling things..

But selling things tend to get you more money at once.. But you can get up to 80 dollars donating plasma your first time and like 60 your second.. You can do it several times a week and come out with a good amount of money. :wave:

lol btw you could probably sell the ipod on the streets for way less than 100 dollars.. At a pawn shop maybe 100? Good luck tho.

6. agreed, and selling it with the music on it is a bad idea

7. Honestly you could get maybe 150 for it. Don't expect to get full price for it. No offense but that is just ignorant.. lol. Not saying you are though. But once you buy something, and take it out of it's packaging it loses at least %40 of it's value.

8. Thats a pretty good rule to follow, but don't forget annual depreciation of probably 10% or so

That rule is very important to keep in mind when buying a car. To all you young blades out there who want to buy a new car/lease a new car, don't do it. The second you drive that new car off the lot it loses about 1/3 of its KBB value instantly, I read a pretty big consumer report on it a while back.

Too bad you can't scam the IRS with depreciation like you could back in the 80s, those partnerships that bought and appraised buildings for more then they were worth and then let them depreciate to show negative income on tax-returns were fucking geniuses :D

9. I have some experience with this subject.

I had a blue iPod mini about 2 years ago and had received one of the new video ones
    for Christmas. I sold my iPod mini on eBay with headphones, iTunes cd, direction
    booklet, and everything else including the box. I had somewhere around 1,600
    songs on the iPod when I sold it. The final bid including shipping was only about
    $50 less than what my parents had paid for the iPod nearly two years earlier.

Now, my iPod was in great condition and the iPod mini had been discontinued
    so that may have added to the price. In the long run I like to think I got a
    good deal because I had an iPod for two years and pretty much only paid $50.

Oh, and I don't think the amount of music on it will do anything to the price.

10. Prostitution + Craigslist = Money

11. And why is that?

12. Obviously not. I wasn't sure if anyone would be willing to pay a little extra for having the music on it and not having to waste their time trying to get that much stuff on there though.

13. because the music is not your IP to sell. but then again who am I kidding, we are on a marijuana forum.

nonetheless keeping the music on there doesn't add value to the ipod.

14. $80..bout it.

I see them for even $40 on Craigslist but I cant stand anything Apple..good luck.

I have some guys I LOVE when they need cash for drugs..they sell some stuff for cheap!!! :)

15. lol i got a 30 gig video ipod with the case AND headphones AND cord for 2.5 grams of dank.

Kids is fiendin these days. haha

16. No. Taking any electronic device out of it's packaging usually cuts the value in half instantly (of course there are exceptions).

17. i know that when i sold my $300 guitar i only got 60 bucks for it. unfortunately retailers mark shit up so much from what the real value/how much it costs to make it.

18. I don't think I'm going to sell the ipod. I love that thing too much. Plus I gotta start getting in shape, and having an ipod to listen to will make that better.

Anybody want a new little sister??? I'll give you mine for $100 OBO.

19. ha thats funny.

seriously i understand what its like to be broke. i am right now. ive been trying to sell my guitar amp since friday and no one wants it. and i know how tough it is to find a job. ive applied so many places and no call backs. or the places drug test. hopefully uou can find a good job soon and you can get some money together. i hope all works out for you.

20. Yea being broke sucks. I'm at an all time low in my life right now. There was another thread on that earlier today. I've just been having a rough time though, I can't wait for things to start getting better.

Thanks for the nice response though, I'd +rep you if I could. Hopefully stuff gets better for you too.