iPod Help

Discussion in 'General' started by cannabis, Apr 17, 2008.

1. When I plug my 30g iPod video into my computer absolutely nothing happens anymore...I've had this iPod for a bout a year and a half without any problems and this happened all of a sudden one day which means I can no longer manage my music. If not for my adapter, I wouldn't be able to even charge it but I'm left with only the music that's on it and can't sync anything.
    I've already reinstalled itunes twice, when I run diagnostics from the itunes help icon the report tells me that no ipod was found and I've used the troubleshooting assistant from the support site. I've browsed some apple forums and haven't found much help at all, just a lot of people with the same problem and no actual answer. I've also noticed that many people with the problem have had their ipod a year and half like me, I'm wondering if it's a bullshit glitch or something but if anyone has any advice lemme know i'd appreciate it.

2. find a friend and try a different cord. thats the simplest thing that could be wrong

3. happened to my friends, only his was like that hte day he got it >.< it ended up being because the wire he had was fucked up, either that or the plug on the computer was i forget right now lol :bongin:

4. I've tried a friends cord before and pluged it into other usbs on my computer and still nothing...

5. if you try google or the apple site, that will help.

6. im thinking it wont help :rolleyes:

7. bump

someone here has to have to know whats up...

8. Sounds like what happened to my iPod. What was wrong with mine was a hardrive failure. Luckily mine was under warranty so I brought it to the Apple store and when they figured out what was wrong they gave me a new one for free.

Do you have any Apple stores near you? Check out the apple site, there's a way to set up an appointment for free and they'll take a look at it for you and they can tell you what's wrong, and the might even fix it for you.

9. No...closest one is an hour or so away, I bought mine at a circuit city and I'm assuming it's under warenty but I have no idea for how long. Guess I'll just have to take it back and find out.

thanks for the link tho +rep