iphone wont turn on

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by panflake, Jun 9, 2011.

1. a while back my iphone had turned off and now it wont turn on. it just has a black scree. so i can plug it into itunes and it says it in recovery mode and i need to restore it. So i try to restor it and it says "software for this iphone is unavailable. Make sure you have the latest version of itunes" i have the latest itunes and its not working. i tried dfu mode but the screen wont turn on at all and i just keep getting that message. any help?

2. i'm not here to help, i'm here to say "lol"

Apple products are terrible.

3. 1) thanks for the input ??

2) I bet you never even used an Apple product, your just being a mindless hater. Opinions are great, but please be knowledgable and make intelligent opinions by yourself. The worst is people who repeat what they read online like parrots. :rolleyes:

3) Next time anything in your life is inevitably not working correctly. I hope you post here for help and people just laugh at you as well.

To OP: Try downloading the firmware manually off of Apple's website. Then connecting the iPhone, then while holding the "Option" key down you click the "restore iPhone" button on iTunes. (I think it is Command key in windows, do a google search for this if your on windows) a dialog box should open with iTunes asking you whihc firmware to install onto the iPhone. Choose the file your downloaded and hopefully this will work.

If not perhaps try downloadingg an much older firmware for iPhone (perhaps iOS 1.0?) and installing that manually. I know this is a long shot, but something should work.

The only way to truly 'brick' an iPhone is to corrupt the bootloader. If you jailbreak the phone incorrectly it can lead to wrecking your bootloader in some rare cases. THAT is the biggest risk you run in jailbreaking (albeit, rare and difficult in modern jailbreak methods), and I hope you were not attempting that.

4. :hello: Now you can go out and buy a proper phone :smoke:

5. lol was his post offensive to you man?

your response was a little bit (totally) unnecessary. he voiced his opinion, and you like shot him down for it. you made a hella big assumption too, how could you possibly have inferred that he'd never used an apple product before?

a good tactic, when arguing, is when someone disagrees with you, to take that as a symbol that they know absolutely nothing about what they're arguing about...

but, your advice was legit. but I don't think it's necessary to downgrade to iOS 1.0? why not just go with the second newest firmware. Shift click the restore button and it'll ask you what you want to restore it with.

6. While your right it is ridiculous to assume things without proof so I will retract my second comment, apologies included :roll: . But there he was uselessly posting his opinion as fact with no justification, and rudely laughs at OP's problems. I thought I expressed my thoughts quite politely.

I mean if your not gonna say something useful or even polite, why take the time at all? Especially online where it takes a literal effort to make every post. (I.e. doesn't happen subconsciously)

7. Did you watch too much pron causing you to have white streaks all over your phone too? The iPhone can only take so much abuse bro.