Iphone 4 Vs Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Iceni Toker, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I've been trying to decide which one to get for weeks, every time I settle on one I remember somthing awesome about the other one and return to square one.
    So, help me decide GC.

Thanks!

2. I have the fascinate and it's way better than my old iPhone 3GS so I'd guess the comparison is the same... but I'll probably be burned at the stake for saying so.

The Fascinate has an AMOLED screen, 2gb of memory and a 1ghz proc.

3. Is the Galaxy S the same as a Fascinate just with a different reigonal name?

4. Actually, Galaxy S is a sub platform by Samsung for Android. The Fascinate is one of the 6* phones in the Galaxy S lineup.

*I'm not counting the tablet as a phone

5. Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

6. Heh, first post. :p
    So, bottom line for me:
    If you know what you're doing with computers, and plan on modifying your phone in any way: Galaxy S.
    If you just a phone that'll do it's job and do it pretty well from the box, iPhone 4.
    IMHO, iPhones are fine, but if you don't like something, you're pretty much screwed.
    Android lets you change just about anything you want, if you know what you're doing.

But of course, go with whichever you want. :D

7. I have a Captivate (at&t's galaxy S) and love it. My mom got the Iphone4 and it's nice and all but my Captivate is just so much more customizable, i'm still getting it to where i want it but it has much more of a personal feel than the iphone to me.
    The only bad thing i can think of off the top of my head is that the Captivate has no flash, however i think the other models do have one.