Iowa trying to legalize Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by rohryno, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Iowa is trying to become the 13th state to allow medical marijuana. There will be public hearings with the public allowed to speak their minds. If you live in Iowa please come and speak what you believe. (only if its pro medical hah)
    This could be very big and I would like you all to support this. I will post links for whatever I find here in a second.

Thank you

2. Good luck, a 13th state would be nice.

3. its about time! i will be there.

4. Gay marriage legalized and medical marijuana legislation in the works? Starting to not dislike my state as much as I used to.

5. yay at least 2 people in my state have seen this! I knew it was a good idea to post on here.

I will update when i find out when the dates are. Please come out and support and have friends also go. We need to make this the same as California. If is for deathly ill patients only its no good.

6. im worried iowa isnt ready. in iowa city people are very open to the idea but the state as a whole is still very conserative.

but hey they diiiiiid legalize gay marriage so maybe there is enough liberal minded people????

7. I think all the major cities in the state will be for it; davenport, ia city, des moines, cedar rapids, sioux city... I just think that when you move to the smaller towns that it becomes more conservative so that's where the problem is.

Hopefully it works out.

8. hopefully soon marijuana will be completely legal throughout the whole country

9. it will only work if WE THE PEOPLE get out to the meetings and support this, and once we support this we also have to hassle the fuck out of the legislature.

it can be done. I think we should make a marijuana rally where obama had his rally in des moines.

10. its a good idea.. but i dont think the turnout will be that good. des moines police will out number the supporters (because they aint got nothing better to do)

11. I have a friend in Iowa City, it seems like a pretty progressive town. However, the state as a whole might as well just be another Kansas.

12. no town in iowa is like iowa city.. its such a liberal college town. if the whole state was like iowa city weed would have been decriminalized a long time ago.

13. Des Moines is starting to turn around. I was at the 80/35 fest and there were people smoking joints in the street, naked painted girls running around and this all happening in downtown Des Moines.

And to the cops being out in numbers. We just have to think positive man, with positive thinking and outlooks comes positive results. Tell a few friends about it and keep grilling them. I know i've been on people non stop. I've also been brining the subject up at work and in bars when I go out. It's the only subject I talk about haha.

If someone is opposed to the idea of medical marijuana I them open a book of your getting a history and science lesson right now if you like it or not. An well informed person can make a much wiser decision.

Rome wasn't built in a night and this won't happen if we just sit back and hope things change. Be a part in the change and you will feel so much better about yourself when it happens.

14. For sure man! It seems as if almost EVERYONE in town smokes... My kinda city to live in. If only that meant lower prices... My supplies run dry and mid July is a ROUGH time of year to be buying ganja

15. then get out and support the medicine!

16. I hear you man... Its tough when the pharm board denies reclassifying marijuana as a substance with accepted medical uses even though 13 other states do AND for well over the past decade we've had a few Iowans receiving MMJ Joints in the mail monthly to alleviate their suffering.

But of course... theyve given concerned iowans a chance to speak their minds in public meetings. Will it change anyones mind in legislation? probably not... but if gay marriage could pass (albeit through the judicial system) cannabis has got to have a chance! I am slightly worried that the Iowa City one could hurt the cause more than help it though... Too many idiot stoners kids to taint marijuanas legitimacy as a medicine. Although, i guess IC probably doesnt need much convincing :D

If anyone wants to go to the Iowa City town forum, hit me up! we should have a IC brainstorming get together...

17. Des Moines has really come around in the past couple years. I remember my friend getting pulled over in Windsor Heights because he had a phish sticker on his car. The cops claimed he was speeding, when he wasn't. They just wanted an excuse to stick their head in the car and sniff around! Hopefully some day I can smoked a joint on the steps of the capital and not get an amazing adrenaline rush because I think I will get caught.

Once school starts back up in August, there should be plenty of supply :)

18. Once school starts back up in August, there should be plenty of supply :)[/QUOTE]

That and the coming harvest :yay:

19. hell yea cant wait