Iowa sucks for Stoners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xTheDoctor, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Cedar Rapids especially... don't ever come here. unless it is to pick me up and take me somewhere else. Oh yeah. I digress... What is up Grasscity????

I look forward to this...

The Doctor

2. True that

3. although i did just 'moke some pretty nice rhino tonight...

4. I'm originally from Des Moines and always thought it was pretty decent. I had great connections up there too. Not familiar with Cedar Rapids though.

5. #6 Old School Noob, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Noted

6. OP is 8 years old & talking about other drugs is against the rules.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Dear Doctor, Welcome to GC! :gc_rocks:

Much of the reason Iowa "sucks" and is so repressive is a lack of education! Ignorance and government lies are the enemy, and we can win using the facts!

Have you seen this? New July 2018 "Granny Storm Crow's List"- FREE!

It provides you with the "ammo" you need to educate your fellow Iowans!

Lets say a person, "Joe Six-pack", is claiming that "Pot kills brain cells!" The medical facts are quite the opposite! So you open up a few studies like these and educate him-

Can the benefits of cannabinoid receptor stimulation on neuroinflammation, neurogenesis and memory during normal aging be useful in AD (Alzheimer’s disease) prevention? (full – 2012) Can the benefits of cannabinoid receptor stimulation on neuroinflammation, neurogenesis and memory during normal aging be useful in AD prevention?

Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging upon neuroinflammation and neurogenesis. (abst – 2009) Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging upon neuroinflammation and neurogenesis. - PubMed - NCBI

"OK," says "Joe Six-pack", "But pot is a gateway drug, the guvment says so!" So you grab a few news articles-

Government has apparently dropped 'gateway' theory, marijuana critics should too (news – 2017) Government has apparently dropped 'gateway' theory, marijuana critics should too

Marijuana is not a gateway drug, admits Obama’s Attorney General (news – 2016)
    http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetrut...-gateway-drug-admits-obamas-attorney-general/

And for a kicker, we all know Iowa is fanatical about their football teams. You know that problem with CTE from repeated concussions that our athletes have? Well, you pull up this-

Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain Injury. (abst – 2014) Effect of marijuana use on outcomes in traumatic brain injury. - PubMed - NCBI

Where they found that the “Overall mortality was 9.9 per cent, however, mortality in the THC(+) group (2.4%) was significantly decreased compared with the THC(-) group (11.5%)”.

So then you ask Joe Six-pack, What do you think cannabis use could do for the “relatively minor” damage from concussions?"

We need to counter the lies about cannabis and teach the medical facts.Become an activist for cannabis! EDUCATION PAVES THE ROAD TO LEGALIZATION!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1