IOWA- Ditch weed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by turborunner, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Not a bad idea. I plan on planting a few seeds I have germinated in various places around my area. Let nature run its course, you know? :)

2. Been looking round LA and have found MANY lookalikes but sadly no pot yet:(

I do have some seeds germing now, but the thrill of finding a plant is so taunting and now I will have 2-4 months to kill:D. So anyone got tips for a ditchweed hunter? I still don't even know if it grows here yet. so any info is good!

3. Ditch weed looks like a sativa strain, and I thought all you grew back there was corn... :)

4. Id venture to guess that lousiana is like florida and ive been all over florida and never seen that shit. I thought ditch weed was more viney and dark, and not budded like that

5. why so you can spread pollin around to all the neighborhood grows? It would suck trying to grow good weed in your backyard with ditch weed everywhere.

6. Took like four plants about 8 feet tall each processed it all dry and got a quad of bubble hash I have pictures but on my phone and don't know how to get em up...just picture that hash that's black on the outside and that blondish tan beautifulness on the inside mmmhmm

7. so wait how exactly did you make the hash out of the plants?

8. i live in iowa, and unless your robbing someone elses crop or finding random plants from seeds people left behind in their smoking, your prob not going to find a bag full. ive tried that little venture and its not very sucessful in iowa. just an opinion from an iowan whos tried.

9. where i live i can fill the back of a truck up and there would still be a shit load of plants growing.

10. ya here in iowa man tht shit is my backyard it aint worf a dam at all...

11. I took them and ran them through some five gallon buckets with water and ice and smashed everything (dry) up for about thirty minutes in the buckets. Then strained in a metal wire pasta strainer...let sit over night pour the top water of until you see the hash layin in the bottom try to get off as much water without pouring the hash out....then run the bottom hashy dark water through a coffee filter then bam wahts left is dank did two runs with a laundry tub full of the buds, well two or maybe a bit less laundry buds, and i got prolly 12 grams maybe more...i have pictures and it looks and tastes amazing but i am too lazy to post

12. i actually found a great amount of it while i was hi coming from school just a few days ago. never seen it before so i don't know if its ready to be harvested yet or not, kinda liiks like the pics above, just not as thick or dried and alot more seeds, i'm thinkin it needs a few more weeks. any suggestions.
    o yea if you wanna kno a funny story about how i found it lemme kno. very ironic
    but please get back to me so i know for sure

13. ...you don't live in MA, do you? I havent seen any of this gritweed here in my life.

14. I live in the Ozarks and have never seen natural growing marijuana. But everytime there is a grow find in the news, they question wether it was produced, or just natural (when there's no boobie traps), so there's an implication that it does grow here. I've planted plenty of seeds, and most of them would die before reaching a foot.

We used to think cinquefoil was ditch weed. I think the term means different things to different people. some people call it bammer,street schwag,ditch,etc. I'm not sure if Ruderalis is a real type,but if it indeed is, thats what I'd personally call ditch weed.

15. for real man, i live in mass and i get bomb weed. no nasty shit with grit in it. wtf is that dude talking.

16. any intelligent person know about buds found with red hairs? does that mean its a herm? cause its got little pods on it

17. ditch weed?

Did you ever make any hash?

18. ive seen ditchweed here in michigan with buds the size of my arms very fluffy and stringy and chock full of seeds just like the pic a few pages back works well for cooking you just have to find a good spot like morelle hunting. ditchweed usually grows back in the same spot every year

19. no, i got three pounds of quality smelling ditch weed, it looks like quality herbal. i know it aint a priviate grow op, its wild, three varieties.

im drying that shit now, whats the next step? should i smoke it or hash it?