Iowa - Ditch Weed/Weed hunting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dits, Jul 18, 2009.

1. I am living in Iowa for the summer, and am wondering if anyone has ever gone hunting for ditch weed, and if they have where they found it. :eek: I am hopping to make some hash out of it, due to it's low THC content.

2. Sorry dude.What you do extract be mostly CBD.

However, I have heard weird cases of ditchweed that gets people high. I would like to hear more about this.

Here's a funny story since you brought it up.

I have a friend who is 41 and has family in Illinois. He went far out back of their house for a cigarette, only to find himself in a field of cannabis! Needless to say he wanted to go out and pick as much as he could.

So the next year he went back and got a hotel so he could dry the shit. So he went out there and stuffed a whole bunch of nugs in a plastic bag and put it in his leather jacket. He went back inside the house and put down his jacket when his 16 year old nephew picked up his jacket and started making fun of my boy.

Nephew: Yo look at me im the shit in my leather jacket!

My boy: Benji, cmon man give me my jacket back.

Nephew: hahahaha no im too cool in this jacket

My boy: BENJI, cmon now it's not cool to take a mans leather jacket like that GIVE ME MY JACKET

So the kid wonders whats up and runs into the bathroom. My friend chases him in there and the kid pulls out the sack sees all the nugs and almost flips out but my friend calmed him down. They had a little talk and the kid was cool about it and didn't tell anyone.

My friend dried it at the hotel he said it smelled dank but with tons of seeds. Didn't get him high, it was hemp. What a disappointment .:mad: lol

3. Some dude used to live in Nebraska when he was a little dude. The whole eastern part of the state is overgrown with it. Some of it will actually get you pretty fucking baked and some of it will just give you a headache. It cracks me up that the state spends many thousands of dollars every year attempting to eradicate it only to see it grow more abundantly the next year. They dont realize that the only possible effect of all their efforts is an increase of outdoor growers producing potent ganja without shitty pollen blowing around everywhere. Dumb fucks.

4. Nebraska, Iowa, parts of Indiana, etc... those were high producers of hemp back when it was legal for farmers to grow hemp. I have seen rather huge fields of it in various travels of the US. IMHO it is not worth the time for it has no THC value at all.

5. Most of it is worthless but it seems to vary from patch to patch. Take a drive through some country roads with a microscope and you might be surprised what you'll find. Some dude used to feed and water them and ended up with some decent mids.