Ios 7- What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by cookiecrisp, Jun 11, 2013.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    iOS getting a fresh coat of paint. What do you guys think? It's pretty clear what a huge influence both Android and Windows Phone have had on Apple this time around. Not much in the way of new features here other than that snazzy quick settings pull-up ("Control Center"), but it's definitely the most radical overhaul of the iOS software since the iPhone came on the scene in 2007.

More info: http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/10/4407630/apple-announces-ios-7

Thoughts?

2. #2 sourApple408, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    looks just like my stock galaxy s3....

I agree. I've actually got my Note 2 set up verrrry similar to that with Nova Launcher and Stark icon pack. And, of course, the stock Android live wallpaper "Phase Beam" looks pretty similar to the wallpaper Apple decided to use for that presentation.

I think they took some of the best things from Windows Phone, and some of the best things from Android, and just added them to iOS. 

If nothing else, I do think the design overhaul is nice. Some people might not like the neon colors, but I think it looks pretty good.

4. I think it looks pleasant.

5. Me too. I've always hated the way iOS looked. I like this MUCH more

6. #6 The Man Who Sold The World, Jun 11, 2013
    Looks cool and vibrant. As long as the next version of iPhone has some better camera features and a stable/safe system I could care less. I love my iPhone 5 and it holds up well. I think Apple's mobile quality is much better than Android Phones. 

I do wish they allowed us to have more control over the interface without having to jailbreak the phone. 

7. #7 Broseph Radson, Jun 11, 2013
    Looks nice. I see they're still borrowing features from other OSs (not that thats a bad thing, but they did start a huge fight with more than one android manufacturer for "stealing" "their" designs, calling them immoral for doing so, even after blatantly copying the android notification system)

Definitely. It will be interesting to see if they continue their litigation against Android manufacturers since it is now absolutely undeniable where their inspiration for iOS 7 is coming from.

Here's a nice "hands on" video showing it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVGprD-o8Ik

9. Now its turn of samsung to complain against apple for copying their os as you know once apple complaint against samsung.

10. looks like android...

looks half decent, but i will never buy an iphone.  fuck crapple. 

11. It looks good but looks like android.

12. looks fresher than androidd. i actually might buy an iphone! ;)

13. Looks very aesthetically pleasing.

Will not be upgrading to ios7 until it is jailbroken though, ios6 took way way way way way too long and I am not sure how long ios7 will take.

14. After watching the apple video about it and reading about the features, I have to day I really like it a lot. I am not one for "customizing my phone to look how I want it" or having tons of features and gimmicks. I like iOS because its simple and does what I need it to do. iOS 7 just looks even better. Sure it may not be as "cool" as android or allow for customizing, but I don't give a flying fuck about any of that.
    I am more looking forward to how this iOS will be on the iPad rather than the iPhone, my 4 will not be able to hold all of the features but a cell phone should not need to be too fancy anyway.

15. #15 tnh, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2013
    You forgot "imo" I use it for work and in what I do it needs to be "fancy". Ios 7 looks nice, the target audience for iphone was nursing homes now it looks like it is current.

I agree. I've actually got my Note 2 set up verrrry similar to that with Nova Launcher and Stark icon pack. And, of course, the stock Android live wallpaper "Phase Beam" looks pretty similar to the wallpaper Apple decided to use for that presentation.

I think they took some of the best things from Windows Phone, and some of the best things from Android, and just added them to iOS.

If nothing else, I do think the design overhaul is nice. Some people might not like the neon colors, but I think it looks pretty good.
    </blockquote>Best phone ive ever used, I rooted mine and it opens multi app for all apps and some other cool stuff. I also get 3 days on a charge now.

Whoa. I'm still getting about a day and a half, which is more than enough for me.

I'm rooted and running CleanROM 4.9. No overclocking or undervolting because I just don't feel this phone needs it, although I am thinking of testing it at some point.

I really wish Samsung would hurry the hell up and release the 4.2.2 update, although the one for the S3 has been delayed for a few more months, so I'm sure the Note 2 one will be delayed even longer. I've been burned by Samsung promising updates in the past and then never actually releasing them, yet I continue to buy their phones because I think, bar none, they make the best Androids.

I use the S-Pen a lot and don't want to lose that functionality by flashing AOSP/AOKP, although I LOVE stock Android. I also don't want to lose multi-window, but I think MIUI has a comparable feature, so that's always an option.

17. I'll be honest I wana give the iPhone 5s a try.I love android but I wana try something diffrent .

18. Nothing wrong with that man. All us Android heads will still be here when you come crawling back to us :p

19. My brother got the beta for iOS 7 and as funny and nice as it looks and seems, its pretty much a more android look into an iphone..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. I'll be back with android for shure such a great os