Ionic0420's grow show

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ionic0420, Feb 27, 2012.

1. #1 ionic0420, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2012
    This is going to be my first grow ever (and I mean ever cause I have never grown anything in my life lol) but I have spent the last 6 months researching everything I can about our favorite herb :) so I am pretty confident I am going to have a good run.

I originally wanted to do BB but I don't have the money or time right now so I decided to go down the soil path. I have seedlings that are 2 weeks old that are looking good and really starting to take off now that they are under my 400 watt mh. I also have four plants that were given to me that were already a foot tall.

I have a cab that I started my seedlings in that's 2x4x4 but it is split down the middle so I am only using 2x2x4. My intent is to use that side for some mother plants and the other side for my clone bucket.

I also have a 5x5x8 veg area which is where most of my plants our right now. They are under my 400 watt mh. The 4 bigger ones were transplanted into FFOF when I got them and the def suffered some stress during there move.

I also have a 5x5x6.5 tent that will be used for flowering later on. I have a 600 watt hps that I will be using for flowering.

I will post pictures later on as soon as I get home from work

I am starting this journal so that I can get help with my grow (and so that anybody watching can get help as we figure things out together) :)

Any questions/comments/tips/advise is very much welcome

2. I have never had so much trouble uploading pictures before but here they come

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

3. All four of the big ones (the names they gave me for these plants are Tahoe OG(3), D.O.G(1)) are suffering from what looks like nitrogen def and possible phosphorus def which i am thinking might be caused by a ph imbalance but I am not sure as to what i should do.

The soil is pretty moist still so I dont want to drown my roots with a flush. I have read that if you can avoid flushing it will be beneficial to your plants cause when you flush them it is basically like drowning them with water. Which makes sense to me cause I know your roots need to breathe to work. I dont know if anyone else can confirm this.

What else can i do other than a flush to test the ph?

I have a 3 way meter that test lumens, soil moisture, and ph. I stuck it into my soil about 2/3 of the way down and 2 of them read about 6.5 and the other 2 read at about 7. I say "about" cause i dont know how accurate it is. It only cost like 15 bucks at the hydro store. And on the package it said to take the soil out mix it with water then put the probe in the slushy and let it sit for a minute. I thought it would be better not to dig up my soil and roots just to get a ph reading.

What do you think GC?

All help and input is welcome! I am learning and I would really like to get good and this so I can grow some dank for me and my grandma my family and any patients that receive it on the way :)

4. Just went out to check up on my plants. Temps a little low at about 64 degrees but I turned on this small space heater so I hope that will help. I am pretty sure that one of my Tahoe OG's has spider mites but I am not sure cause I dont own a handheld microscope to get a close enough look to know for sure. Every body says just go to Radio Shack cause they carry them but all four of them around me dont. :( So sad I know. So I guess I am going to have to order one online as soon as I have some money.

My seedlings are looking are looking good though. I am not sure exactly if they are still considered seedlings or if they are in their vegetative state now.

pictures to follow

5. pictures as promised

one of my seedlings
    photo.jpg

photo(3).jpg

What I think is spider mites :confused:
    photo(2).jpg

And a little spider I found making a home on my plant

photo(1).jpg

6. My favorite seedling :)

image-1537126316.png

This was from the 24th it's looking even better now I will get a pic up later tonight after work

7. Sub'd, looking forward to seeing what becomes of this... the D.O.G is actually Chem D.O.G ( Chem D x Diesel x OG SFV #1. Had it about 2 weeks and its definitely a nice smoke, but I prefer the Tahoe, hands down dopest dope. I just love the smell ^_^

8. Btw, thats definitely a spider mite..

9. A different seedling. I took this picture last night
    Notice the 4 leaf set

image-1181792358.png

10. [quote name='"MichiganHead420"']Sub'd, looking forward to seeing what becomes of this... the D.O.G is actually Chem D.O.G ( Chem D x Diesel x OG SFV #1. Had it about 2 weeks and its definitely a nice smoke, but I prefer the Tahoe, hands down dopest dope. I just love the smell ^_^[/quote]

Thanks for the sub good to know that it's not just some made up name lol. Yea I was able to get some smoke from a plant that my D.O.G. came from and it had my going for awhile. Definately good smoke. I am sick of all the pick ups I have been getting. You know the stuff that gets you high for like one hour then you just lose it. I need better medicine than that. One of the many reasons I started this grow.

[quote name='"MichiganHead420"']Btw, thats definitely a spider mite..[/quote]

I am pretty sure it was just a spider cause it was actually pretty big (even though it looks small in the picture) and it had its web set up plus I can see where it climbed down my power cord for the light and where it strung its web to get from my reflector to my plants. Lol that's why I looked for a spider can I ran into its web. But either way I killed it. But all those spots on the leaves of that other picture have me worried.

11. Just checked on my plants. They are looking better. They are showing some new growth which makes me happy :) I tied down the top of my biggest Tahoe OG so now all the tops are the same height. My temps are on the cold side at 59 degrees. I turned on my space heater to help things out.

I found out that all the outlets in my garage are on the same breaker as all the outlets in a room on the other side on the house as well as half the outlets in a different room on the other side of the house as well and also on outlet in the living room which shares a wall with one of the rooms.

It is the weirdest shit I have ever seen but it sucks cause we really have to watch what we use of we will flip the breaker which is not something I want to do.

Any ways I will update tomorrow when my plants wake up

12. Went to the hydro store and picked me up a handheld microscope and some mighty wash.

image-2179219418.png

image-1516512038.png

And I have come to the conclusion that I have spider mites :( so I sprayed them with the mighty wash so we will see how they do

13. Started setting up my flowering tent cause I plan on throwing my four big plants into there once the recover from the shock.

All I had to hang my light up with were these chains that were really long do I had to double it back twice but its hanging up. I am going to get a better light hanger next trip to the hydro store. I also kinda got my fan hooked up. It's ghetto rigged for now but I am going to make it better later. Now I just need some flexible ducting and a carbon filter and I should be ready

I apologize for the poor quality pictures

Outside of my tent

image-30649163.png

Open tent

image-2648351487.png

My light

image-2240333862.png

And my fan

image-3263204302.png

14. Just checked on my room. My four big ones are showing new growth which is making me happy.

I also watered four of my small cups that were getting dry.

And I started to tie down some branches on one of my seedlings. It's already showing new growth at the first and second node!!! So I thought I would help them get more light.

image-1792820185.png

image-1321010261.png

image-354535857.png

image-3306042040.png

15. So I put up a curtain or black poly to close off my veg area a little better. I also got a new heater that is working alot better then the other one I have. I also cut a hole through the Mylar to expose my vent for intake. I watered all four big plants last night as well as some of the small ones. I have come to the conclusion that the ph meters I have are crap so I am going to need to get a new one. I will have to research tonight.

Anyone know of a good ph meter? I know it won't be cheap to get a good one but I am looking for a deal.

I will update later with some pics

16. #16 ionic0420, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
    So I started to treat my plants for spider mites today. I took all four of the big ones out and sprayed them top to bottom with the mighty wash. I also sprayed my four master kush clones.

Attached Files:

17. #17 ionic0420, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    Hello fellow blades. Been so busy last couple of days I haven't had time to update (that and when I tried to update my app wouldn't work)

Anyways incoming pics

I decided to transplant my tallest seedling on the 7th into a 2 gallon grow bag. I also topped it
    image-2230305642.png

This is the part that I chopped off. I should have cut it right above those two bigger leaves but oh we'll what's done is done.
    image-2527896651.png

Pic I just took of the new growth
    image-3217630803.png

18. This is my most dominant looking sativa

image-840294214.png

image-2083951280.png

This is one of my Tahoe OG's. It has some spots on this leaf that I am not to sure what they are.

image-2222297454.png

Bottom of same leaf

image-2697889180.png

19. #19 ionic0420, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    These were all taken this morning when the lights came on. I transplanted all the seedlings except for the 6 small ones(they were germinated at different times except for one that is really lagging behind but still alive) into 2 gallon grow bags last night and I also transplanted my master kush clones into 5 gallon grow bags.

image-2112073353.png

image-3498097981.png

image-1384566957.png

image-2445397852.png

image-2832821695.png

image-2045989112.png

image-1781205608.png

image-2805568608.png

20. Doing a little LST on some of the seedlings

image-3675450242.png

image-2861930507.png