Ionic clean air machine?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sandman1959, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Anyone got any experience with experimenting with putting a small ionic air machine in the grow room?????????? Only periodically after the CO2 treatment is all clear so you dont loose your CO2. I was thinking of trying it so as to supply them with nice clean air between the CO treatments??????????????

2. i dont think you need that many question marks to get your point across..
    but i was thinking about this too. i was thinking about trying sometime soon, once my plants get bigger.
    if you try it let us know, i'll do the same

3. i have an ionic pro (sharper image ripoff) that is in my closet .. .either i don't have a smelly plant yet ... or its working

4. as far as i know some of those machines are actually made with a carbon filter, though i dont think its the ionic breeze one though. i know the ones i am talking about are sold at target. i only know this because i had to make a carbon filter a few weeks ago and target sells the refill filters for most of those machines. if your trying to lower the smell in your room or house it may not be a bad idea to try one of those. let us know what happens. i was almost going to buy one the day i bought the filter.

5. I was primarily thinking more in the lines of the fresh oxygen they would put out, but the smell issue is even better,, Thanks All, I'll let you know the results.

6. Ummm, don't plants absorb Carbon Dioxide and emit Oxygen?

7. all those machines really do is take stuff outa the air .. there are no chemical reactions.... As for the smell, they will help a little but once the flowering stages start forget about it. you need a carbon filter if you really want to control the smell. they are more for sanetizing the air more than anything.. taking alergies and shit outa the air. cant hurt the plants but as for air quality it wont noticable do anything except help the early stages of smell...... hope this helps :)