Iolite

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by higherfire, Aug 8, 2012.

1. How does everyone feel about the Iolite vaporizer, I love it because of how portable and normal looking it is the only downside i noticed is the plastic in antennae sticking together a little

Also in order for me to be ripped off it i feel like i have to hit it for a long time, i still get ripped but i was wondering if different vape's vary with how long it takes to get high and what not

2. There are muchhhhhhhhhhhhh better vapes out there for about the same price.

Da Buddha is an excellent whip vape, for example. Look up videos of people using it, it's only about $130 new I believe!

3. I don't like either of the iolite vaporizers but I don't care for butane powered portables, I prefer batteries. The original iolite didn't work well at high altitudes and the while the Wispr seems to work better it gets really hot. The altitude issue with the original iolite may have solved by now but I don't know for sure. Have you tried the Ploom or the DaVinci? Both of those are pretty good and the Ploom looks really cool. The PUFFit is supposed to be good - I haven't tried it but I've heard good things about it and the price is right. It's about half the price of the Wispr or the Ploom. It's small - looks just like an asthma inhaler, same size.

4. WOw just looked up the puffit, HAlf the price?! why the hell did i buy the iolite i didnt see any of these guys in the local headshop. BUt i think i need to aqquire one

5. I love my iolites. I go out a lot. Recharge takes a few seconds rather than a couple hours. My Wispr also made a recent camping trip amazing where I would have no chance to charge say a pax.

6. Yeah I love my iOlite, it takes some getting used to, but since I also have a Volcano I'm used to vaping.

The portability and easy refilling is huge to me.

I just gotta get some new screens

7. Refilling with butane is one of my favorite features, it just makes it so much easier then charging and carrying batteries

8. I think of it as an electric car vs a traditional car. With high grade butane and bud the thing is an absolute pleasure to hit.

9. Only got mine yesterday and so far I love it. Hits like a beast once you let it warm up 5mins +
    Uses a lot less weed but does need cleaning and maintaining. I paid just over £100 and it's worth it IMO. Hardly any smell from this device and hopefully the health benefits will pay off in the long run. Comes with loads of accessories im yet to use. Has anyone here tried the condenser piece?

10. I liked my iolite alot! RIP tho 10/23/2010 to 8/10/2012 (the igniter crapped out) Anyways, I used mine daily usually 4 times or more, all depends how my day went. Took it on a few road trips also. Just make sure to use quality butane, I had a can in the car and at home. You never know when u need a refill.

One tip I can give out, is get a whip for it. Not as hot on the lips then and you dont have to hold it in your hand. I used a whip from another box type table vapo I have. I just cut off the glass where the herb went in and put it onthe white tip of the iolite.

Its going to be a crappy night with out my best friend :(

11. [quote name='"Mikey Boo"']I liked my iolite alot! RIP tho 10/23/2010 to 8/10/2012 (the igniter crapped out) Anyways, I used mine daily usually 4 times or more, all depends how my day went. Took it on a few road trips also. Just make sure to use quality butane, I had a can in the car and at home. You never know when u need a refill.

One tip I can give out, is get a whip for it. Not as hot on the lips then and you dont have to hold it in your hand. I used a whip from another box type table vapo I have. I just cut off the glass where the herb went in and put it onthe white tip of the iolite.

Its going to be a crappy night with out my best friend :([/quote]

Have you returned it for a new one as its within the warranty period?

12. The iolite in my opinion is only good if u have some REALLY sticky weed, just but other than that its only alright.

13. No i havent, since i took mine apart to see if I could fix it. I have some ideas to make a mutant iolite with a different igniter (bbq). To be honest, i paid 300loonies for it and it basically lasted two years. I cant complain at all for it finally crapping out. I was a great bang for the buck and it got my high alot :smoke:

I have bin looking at other portable vaps and the only ones that I like so far is the Pax and the Vaporblunt ( im leaning towards the Pax right now tho ) After some reading the Pax seems to be the best, but I cant get one locally. the Vapoblunt, has a silicon tube running from the camber to the mouth piece, after using other vapos with a silicon tube, they get messy after a while and have a smell to them, that i dont like. The Pax is SS tube from chamber to mouth piece.

In the end im still searching for a portable, and a local store has a sale on a Iolite and i just might get another one, since i have a few pieces for it now.

Sorry for the long post

14. Also the optimizer tool for the iolite is a great upgrade. It makes the hits a lot smoother and more enjoyable while still getting those thick vapor clouds.

15. Can anyone tell me what size tubing to buy for the Iolite to make a whip? I like the Iolite but it's hot on my lips and throat (not my boyfriend's) and I want to cool off the vape a bit.