iolite vs magic flight launch box

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bdesselle, Jan 9, 2012.

1. #1 bdesselle, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
    which do you think is better and why?

i'm trying to decide,this will be my 1st vape:D

2. I like the Iolite as well, you can check out some of my vaporizer reviews below if you want some more info

3. I would get the mflb because then you just have the batteries instead of having to deal with butane.

4. Have both, iolite by far. MFLB is handy if you want to smoke in a movie theater, everything else iolite

5. I have the original iolite and the WISPR. I love them both. I'm not trying to smoke without my parents catching me or sneaking it in at a movie theater so the MFLB has zero appeal to me.

You can go 2-2.5 hours on a tank of gas in the iolite. Each session lasts me less than 20 minutes. It's just so simple.

6. I owned the iolite first and then bought the MFLB about 6 months later. Once I bought the MFLB, I've never had any desire to use the iolite again. It just collects dust now.

I prefer the box over the iolite because I can finish a "trench" in the box in under 2 minutes. Whereas the iolite takes about 15 minutes and is continuously heating your herb. In most cases for me, I prefer to quickly go about my business and then carry on my way. I don't want to have to sit around for 15+ minutes to finish a bowl. In my experience, the hits I can take off the MFLB are much more satisfying than the hits the iolite was capable of producing. I hear the new iolite Wispr produces larger hits but I've not yet had a chance to use it.

The butane and the batteries should be no means to discredit either unit. It's really not that troublesome to deal with either. It becomes second nature. The only downside is that the iolite can eventually stop igniting or the butane tank can start leaking. Mine would sometimes take 30+ clicks to ignite.

The MFLB has a lifetime warranty that pretty much covers any damage or defects that happen to the unit, regardless of if they're from user error.

7. I ended up getting the mflb. Tried it out earlier today and got ripped from just one trench so I love it already lol. It only uses .1 grams which is amazing. I think the people who don't like it must not be using it right. This is my new everyday piece

8. Or else they already have used something better and know the difference.

9. i've used my friends iolite and i have a mflb. the iolite you have to use butane but it is temperature controlled. the mflb you have to hold down the battery in order for it to heat up where as the iolite just heats up on it's own. the mflb is much smaller and much easier to hide if you had to. try both and see which one you like the best

10. i'm not saying its the best but it definitely does the job

11. I owned the iolite and loved it for the most part. Only problems were sometimes it took awhile to ignite, however it always started.

12. Extreme Q - Solo. Best portable vape on the market. I'll set you back $150 on amazon, and will be the best investment of your life.

13. You've totally hit the nail on the head! Depends on your needs.

This is why I own and enjoy both. When I want a quick session I use the MFLB. When time is not a factor I like to spend 30 minutes kicking back with the Iolite.

14. Ive had the iolite for at least a year and i use it every now and then. Im saving up for the mflb though. Im sick of the iolite. The butane is a pain in the ass, and when i turn it off, it keeps heating sometimes if the butane level is too high. i feel like i would be saving a lot if i switched to the mflb. not hatin the iolite. just lookin for something new to float my boat.

15. btw whats the cheapest price for the MFLB on the internet?

16. Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I dont see the need to start a new one.

I borrowed my friends Iolite for the weekend and love it. Almost decided to buy one myself i checked the net and found out that lota people prefere the MFLB.

I have no issues with taking 20 min time to vape with the Iolite, or that sometimes it wont ignite instantly.

I like to taste the flavor and the Iolite accomplishes that. A refill of gas lasted me for the whole night, 4 bowls and it still has gas left.

Considering the price difference i wanna see if i can get around the cons of the MFLB.

I read that the MFLB is more odorless, does that mean the vape is tasteless?
    And can somebody explain the battery situation for me please? I read that its 1 battery per trench... isn't that a hassel for you MFLB owners?

17. [quote name='"greenops"']Sorry for resurrecting this thread but I dont see the need to start a new one.

I borrowed my friends Iolite for the weekend and love it. Almost decided to buy one myself i checked the net and found out that lota people prefere the MFLB.

I have no issues with taking 20 min time to vape with the Iolite, or that sometimes it wont ignite instantly.

I like to taste the flavor and the Iolite accomplishes that. A refill of gas lasted me for the whole night, 4 bowls and it still has gas left.

Considering the price difference i wanna see if i can get around the cons of the MFLB.

I read that the MFLB is more odorless, does that mean the vape is tasteless?
    And can somebody explain the battery situation for me please? I read that its 1 battery per trench... isn't that a hassel for you MFLB owners?[/quote]

No i own an MFLB and you can definately taste the weed very well, and no 1 trench will get me ripped and two will send me away.

Couldn't tell you what to get considering i have never used an Iolite vape, but believe me the box wont let you down.

18. Well I just got an Iolite Portable on Amazon for 99.00 bucks. Then had to go out and get Vactor butane @ $13 bucks a can. This is and was my 1st vapor experience. I am a seasoned toker with access to good bud. So i loaded up the Iolite. Dealing with the butane sucked off the bat. Then it took a few times for it to ignite. Got the hang of it. Overall it was OK. Yeah not much odor using the product and its small and handy. Those are plus's. Not sure I cared for the taste or the high that much. Hmmm Jury is still out. I know a SSV or Buddha would be the way to go, just not sure vapeing is for me. After a few sessions of vapeing, I want to ask is that how the weed ends up. Chamber always looks full to me and the weed is just burt and dryed. Why do I feel like I am wasting product. Plus its a pain to load that bowl. I am thinking about sending it back. Not sure yet.