~ Iolite Original (Version 2) ~

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Barnaby Jones, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Iolite has just released its new vaporizer the WISPR; but thats beside the point. not only have they put a new vaporizer onto the shelf's but they also released a new Iolite model called the Iolite "original" shown below.
    [​IMG]

Initially i thought the Iolite original was an old model because of the misleading name.
    im just wondering what the difference is between the older model iolite shown below and the newer version shown above. I just want to know if the new model is improved or simply remade with a new case so they can jack the price up again to make a quick buck. they appear to be identical.

[​IMG]
    i will be sure to add rep in exchange for helpful contributions. i really don't want to spend an additional 50$ for the new model if there is no real upgrade.

2. Get an Arizer solo I have a iOlite, even overlooking there links with (Dupont-boooooooooooo!) is a poor vapes. I am waiting on my Arizer now, but the mflb knocks the iolite into a cocked hat - intact I would sell my black Iolite with loads of part or exchange ? Hope this helps
    Peace420 GG

3. the only reason i don't want the mflb is because i don't really like its design. it feels like something made in shop class. in my opinion it just felt cheap. im pretty set on buying the iolite, and the only question i have is what new features the new iolite has

4. Every time I hear this company's name, I'm instantly reminded of my old Zip drive.

5. I understand what you mean, but the mflbs simple design is what makes it so durable. Even though it may feel cheaper than the other 2 it is the only one with a no questions asked return policy

6. From what I've read on the sites selling it and what I read about the original it seems to be exactly the same vape. If they upped the price from before it was probably just a normal price increase, not due to any improvement. I would guess they added the "original" to the name to distinguish it more from the wispr.

7. can you confirm this? i found some on ebay for 70$ less than the "original".

8. The best I can do to confirm it is if you look at the reviews of it on websites that sell it they date back to pre 2009, so they would be the same as the older version. The only difference between it and the i-inhale, the way older model, is that the tube has plastic screws rather than steel. Other than that it has the same running temperature and heating element. or at least both call the temp controller "a thermostatically controlled bi-metal regulator"

9. look at it this way - there is less to go wrong and no one ever thinks its a vape,
    there is just a new case and price tag -thats it check their site, peace 420 GG

10. lol this isnt about mflb. read the op

11. whats this mflb..........im lookig to buy a good vape but something not in the price range of say a volcano, more an iolite..........whats my best options

ps. portability isnt all that important

12. #12 gasguzzler, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    They are small (matchbox size) efficient wooden battery driven vapes. Magic Flight Launch Box life time guarantee they need a fast battery charger but for $99 Inc nxt day delivery from most stockist they are a great little stealth vape, still waiting on the Solo.........I'll let you know how it is peace 420 GG

13. i know portability isnt all that important, but having one that is portable is actually really nice. my friend has a volcano and although it is awesome, it takes forever to set up. although he likes his volcano he says he wishes he bought something more portable because the volcano isn't always practical.

anyways can anybody answer the original question?

:poke: also this isnt a mflb thread..

14. i couldn't find anything on the new Iolite anywhere, all i could find is that the new Iolite original has an "improved" ignition system. is that all that is new with the new original Iolite? it dosnt sound like much of a major upgrade.

15. uuuuhhhhhhh it would be if you wanted to take it places?

maybe email the company OP? if they increased the price for no reason then that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard... ask for the specifics of this "new" ignition system. And if they dont tell you, fuck em, dont give em your business and come back and tell us.... there loss.

16. #16 naturesforce, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011

i dont really get high on the move. where i am its ilegal and i woudt want to alert cops to my grow by smoking outdoors so ive kicked that habit.....hence portability isnt all that important.

17. It's the exact same thing as the previous model with a different color/design sticker on it.

18. Makes sense... so portability isnt important to YOU. It isnt too important to me either, although i wouldnt mind picking up something in the future... in the meantime i have my pipe and joints.

The OP is clearly buying a portable vape so portability is most likely important. Its not for you to say that it isnt, because your situation is never going to be identical to someone elses...

P.s. not trying to be a douche or offensive or anything, i just kinda found it funny...

19. well its not important to me but i still ordered a portable lol....got the mflb....should be here tomorrow........never vaped before so wanted not to spend too much on a first vape as some people dont like it.......if i like the whole vape thing i might get a better one in the future!

20. companies do it all the time. its called same shit different packaging. the new iolite seems to have minimal new features. they just wanted to make a buck and bring sales up again.