Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Iolite help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChronicKiller7, Jan 14, 2013.

1. So the mesh screen in my Iolite vape is extremely clogged and I know I need to just order some replacement ones, but I read I can soak the screen in iso alc for a while to help, so my question... Anyone have any recommendations on the best way to clean the screen? or alternatives that I can use that would be laying around the house? Thanks guys!

2. [quote name='"ChronicKiller7"']So the mesh screen in my Iolite vape is extremely clogged and I know I need to just order some replacement ones, but I read I can soak the screen in iso alc for a while to help, so my question... Anyone have any recommendations on the best way to clean the screen? or alternatives that I can use that would be laying around the house? Thanks guys![/quote]

If its metal soak it in iso and rub it a bit and most of the stuff will come off

3. How long to soak it? Because I soaked it last night for an hour and scrubbed it, but most was still there. Would 2 hours or 3 help even more?

4. What percent iso are you using? The higher the better

It should come off within minutes.

5. Mine is 70%, though I should get something higher like 99% hahaha, but for now, all I have is 70.

6. So its been about an hour that the screen has been soaking, and every half hour i scrub it with a tooth brush, seems to be working. Going to give it another half hour, then clean it of and give it a try!

7. [quote name='"ChronicKiller7"']So its been about an hour that the screen has been soaking, and every half hour i scrub it with a tooth brush, seems to be working. Going to give it another half hour, then clean it of and give it a try![/quote]

Let it sit for awhile so all the alcohol can evaporate

8. So I just cleaned everything off and packed it with some freshly ground bud, with some keif, a little more bud, then some bho oil I had left on a razor blade. Its hitting literally like new, and I got this from a friend who gave it to me slightly dirty. When I got it, I used it religiously. The iolite was all I was using for about 3 or 4 months, until it got extremely clogged and I stopped using it for a while. This vape has never made me cough like the way it does now... And my main rig is an inline bubbler and I and also dab pretty often, but taking a break from dabbing for a little.