Invisible sun LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hippothehippo, Oct 3, 2018.

1. It looks a little droopy because I just transplanted it a few days ago. It needed it really bad. That is a revegged plant from last crop. A blueberry. That's why the stalk is so long.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I'll be putting up my two Invisible Sun 288 v2 boards tomorrow powered by an HLG-320h-c2800a driver in series. I'm aware the driver is a little large but it's the only model that can run the boards at max rated output. I'll most likely run them around 2200mA or so but I wanted the extra headroom. I'd rather run a larger driver dimmed then a smaller driver maxed it's whole life. They run much cooler when they don't have to work that hard.

• Like Like x 3
  3. #43 Big terps420, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019

• Like Like x 2
  4. I got my Invisible Sun 288 samsung 301b powered boards up today and took my 3k HLG qb260 down with 304 boards. I still have a 3500k qb260 on the far right side with 2 qb304's. Check out the difference in brightness. The far right is 3500k qb304's, middle qb96's, left Invisible Sun 288's version 2.

The lux readings are off the scale. Into the 70000 range.
    That converts to about 1200ppfd at the top of my plants. The invisible sun boards are clearly outperforming the lm561c powered 304's on the right side. The meter also says so. I can post some readings later.
    IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1136.JPG IMG_1138.JPG IMG_1139.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. jeez you grow trees in there. looks awesome

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dam shes a beastly broad ehh? I no pics dont do justice to just how big plants are.. If pic looks big then u no its big. How much u thinkn she wil yeild for u? The more info i find out bout invisible sun the more id like to have them b my next boards il buy in a week or 2.. I like how they square and couple other things. But gonna b kool to watch ur bertha plant finish.✌

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll take some light readings with pictures but just adding those v2 invisible sun boards to my bloom setup and removing one of my qb260's with 304 boards boosted my light reading by like 15-20,000 lux. I went from the 53,000 range to 70,000 range. I may even have to dim the new boards because they are a bit off the scale on the intensity. 1200ppfd is what 70,000 lux converts to roughly. It's a light tolerant plant so it may be able to take it.

I would say this plant is definitely a 2 pounder. About the same yield as my last large plant in there. It's a blue dream and takes a little longer to mature. It's just starting to get it's first few orange hairs so I think it has around 4 weeks left. Some of my best colas aren't in the picture. I just did a last supercropping session to try to get some of the taller ones lower down from the lights so they don't burn.

It's wall to wall full of buds and as deep as the lights go there's flowers. Almost every time I finish a plant I tell myself I didn't remove enough material from the bottom lollipopping and this plant is no exception. Too much larf IMO but I like edibles and tinctures so I don't mind.

I got almost a pound of larf on the last plant I didn't even count in the 2 pound weight total. It's all my sugar leaf trim and smaller then a bowl buds I don't want to bother trimming.

8. It's quite obvious in side by side comparison of boards that the invisible sun boards are legit samsung diodes for anyone that might have had doubts.

The new invisible sun 288 v2 boards significantly outperform my older qb304's that have the older samsung 561c diodes. No way they could do that unless they had real 301b diodes. Those older 304 boards are no slouch.

It's actually quite noticeably brighter when I open my tent. I have to squint more then I ever have. These boards were a good 10-20% boost in output. I'm impressed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm actually getting slightly higher readings from the invisible sun qb288's compared to the qb96's running on the 320h-54a driver.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lux reading at top of plant height, roughly 16".

qb304 first. qb96 elite second, and invisible sun 288 v2 boards third. I'm running all of the lights slightly dimmed. My circuit can't even take all of the drivers maxed. It would be about 1,000 watts in my flower tent alone.
    IMG_1140.JPG IMG_1141.JPG IMG_1142.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. 82 degrees peak temp for the bloom room at the top of the plant today. Perfect IMO. I know she looks a little deficient in spots but she's pretty healthy for the most part. Look at the full plant pics. I don't want to feed more I have some dark green areas. I'm on koolbloom dry right now and feeding about 1/2tsp per gallon and a gallon of feed a day so she should have plenty of p&k. Not going to burn my next round of smoke to make the top leaves happy.

• Like Like x 2
  12. #52 Big terps420, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Man i agree on everything pointed out and am shocked that the ivis suns r that much brighter than ur hlgs.. Are all ur hlg's v1 or v2's? I have both styles of them in qb132's. At 36 volts v1's are dam bright. V2's at 35volts r even brighter by a little bit. No meters to get accurate numbers but to the eye u can tell theyre little brighter. Now u got me wondering what companys 301b diodes r better, more efficient, etc.?
    And 2lbs plus almost a lb or larf is quite impressive indoors. People say not to super crop when in flower but i beleave u can and wont hurt it..What was watts u used for that plant? Blue dream is heavy yeilder, so u got the right genetics to grow that giant.. I like a good indica leaning hybrids. The perfect world id choose the 70indicas/30sativa. Got sum starts from greenpoint beans i just bought they r raindance(deadhead ogxstarfighter),& iron horse(kosher kushx starfighter) Then i got sum 9pound xChernobyl from couple yrs ago. Cant wait.. Dam good work bro! How long u been growing? This is 20th yr for me but all my experience is in outdoors and doing 2 harvests yr. Early one and normal fall time. But now im stepn indoors too for first time..Its very addicting to take pride in ur plants imo. And so is buying these quantums diy lights.lol but thx for sharing everything with me!✌

• Like Like x 1
  13. My qb304's are v1's. I could crank the driver and get them to run a little harder. I'm trying to keep the temp of the driver and boards down. That's my hottest running driver. I'm planning on going in there and balancing out the dimmers so I get more like 60,000-70,000 lux straight across instead of the different reading.

I don't believe that either HLG or Invisible Sun have superior diodes to each other. They're working with the same diodes. Invisible sun's boards do seem to be nice and cool running even when you push them hard. Could be differences in PCB and diode layout make a small difference but not that much. They should be comparable at the same diode count.

For an experiment it might be fun to use my amp clamp to set all my drivers to the same input amp draw from the wall and see which light combo gets the best lux reading.

You can supercrop in flower up to about just after stretch then you have to leave them alone or they don't heal and turn back up once the ends of the branches get some weight.

I've only been growing for a little over 3 years. Since it's been legal in Alaska but I researched it for many years wanting to all growing up.

• Like Like x 2
  14. yeah as t bone said the chips are the same.

we use lm301b cri80 vf az chips on all our lm301b boards

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thank u for info. I like ur lights but am concerned bout the shippn process being from overseas?wood it cost me a arm n leg for shippn? I just bought 8 qb132's and 2 lrs drivers for round 275 bucks. Running them at 75 watts a peice gives me around 600 true watts. Thats hard to beat in my opinion. Can u guys come close to those numbers for the amount of light i got from hlg? Thx

16. Ya thst wood b a kool comparison if u got the time one of these days. Wish invis sun was in usa. Besides atruem, hlg, what others in the states u no of that sell quantums? Google dont help much all that comes up is hlg and Alibaba pops up.. Thx ✌.

17. The price on the 150 v2 boards is pretty good. If you minus the 20% vat and convert from pounds it's about $44 per board.

I'm getting really good light readings from the 150's.

If I had a suggestion for Invisible sun it might be to sell the 150 boards in a 4 pack for $10 off or so. 4 of those with an HLG-320h-30a would be pretty impressive. Definitely fill a 3x3 for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nextlight and many others use the same diodes but they don't sell boards only full built fixtures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #59 Big terps420, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Ya i agree they need 4 pac deals like the 120 /132 from hlg. That's hard 2 beat. Whst eood b ur educated guess on how much light reading u think the 132's put out at 75 watts each? I no its hard to say by guessing but just curious . ?

And if i wanted to run 4 qb120s at full blast of 70 watts each. U think i could run 4 of em on a lrs-350-24? That prolly cheapest option right? And as far the hlg series a&b what wood b ur pick? The lrs-350-24 wood b best imo? What u think? Thx bro.

20. How about the hlg-320h-c2100a??

A bit pricey tho!!

• Agree Agree x 1