Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"Invisible" hits?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SynZen, Sep 23, 2009.

1. So I have this acquaintance who talks about she and her friends taking "invisible" hits off her pipe (enabled by all the res build up) when she's out of weed and still getting baked. I'm not a novice smoker or anything but never tried this because it seems like if it worked, it'd be terrible for you and you'd be inhaling a lung full of butane, assuming you're using a traditional lighter. Haven't been able to find anything about it on the internet, though.

Any more official thoughts? Experience?

2. Shes just smoking resin nothing special, you can do it if your that desprit for a stone. I cant stand the taste fo resin myself, clean my glass once a day.

3. yeah you just hit your pipe like there is weed in it, but keep the lighter going...still blow out smoke, though.

and depending on what kind of pipe you have, if you hit it backwards or out of the carb (flame on the mouthpiece) you can get big res hits

4. Yeah like everyone has said, its taking res hits. I can't stand them personally, but they do work. They are a lot worse for your lungs though from what I've heard, as well as requiring you to basically inhale your lighter which is another thing I don't like lol :smoking:

5. Thanks, guys. I figured they would work, provided there was enough res but was mostly wondering about the lighter-inhaling aspect. Think I was just hoping to hear something unexpected in that department but honestly, butane inhalation is inevitable and that's pretty fuckin nasty no matter how you cut it so I think I may just be S.O.L. on this one. :-D

6. This doesn't work well, it'd just be resin hits, not getting baked. But don't worry about getting butane in your lungs, because while butane is the fuel for lighters, the only by-products of the flame are carbon dioxide and water vapour, neither are very harmful on your lungs.

I gave up resin hits a long time ago, they suck ass, you get a crappy body buzz for like 10 minutes and then your burnt out for hours:mad: