Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Investing in a Scale/Grinder

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by pceboi, Jun 14, 2012.

1. I was thinking of buying a scale so I don't get ripped of but also a grinder. I right now do the scissors shot glass trick but is it worth investing in a grinder?
    Thanks!

2. how much do you smoke? i found out if you buy more than a dub/week, the kief and good ground weed gives a good smoke.

i personally would recommend a grinder to everyone. and a scale, definitely. if you sell, or if you ever question what you pick up, a scale is necessary.

3. I recommend both. Grinders make your bud burn more consistently and make your bud burn more evenly. Scales for those iffy pick ups. :wave:

4. Best deal on a scale online? In my local stores I've only seen scales that measure to the gram, not a tenth or hundredth.

5. I haven't seen ones with hundredth's, but all of the ones available at my LHS are to the tenth. Very useful if you wanna see if it's closer to 0 or 1 gram. :laughing:

6. Yeah, more useful when baking too, know exactly how much of a dose you'll be getting.

7. My scale goes to the hundredth (.01) but you dont need that for bud. This one is like a $400 scale, idk what the cheapest accurate ones run for.

I'd get a scale to the tenth, and maybe a grinder. They're nice to save some kief but you dont really need them, more useful as a blunt smoker than a bowl smoker i'd say. I love having my grinder, but every once in a while i finger or scissor it up to keep the trichomes on.

8. There's some posts above about good scales but just for anyone who doesn't know already...

Don't buy a scale from a head shop.

Most head shops massively over charge for scales. A pocket scale that would be $10 at your local hardware/craft store becomes an easy $40 at a head shop, because stoners are too stoned to realize that people use scales for other things too and you can find them cheaper elsewhere. :p

9. you could get both a grinder and scale for $15 on Amazon. just do it!

edit: woops didn't see your post mrbong :p

10. amazon.com only serves to remind me how much better amazon.ca could be. Same thing with netflix.com.

11. go to local gas station like a mobil or valeros. if you ask for a digital scale theyll usually have one under their counter
    i got mine for $20 (measures to tenth of gram) and its already saved me $60 since people were trying to give me light bags. definitely worth it.

12. Get a scale from a Lab supplies store. They're the most precise and accurate.

13. Get a my weigh palm scale me and my friend have had ours 10+ yrs..any cheap scale will do really just check it with a nickel each time

14. i consider both necessities for anyone who is a serious pot smoker.

15. I'd definitely get a grinder, I love my weed ground up, smokes smoother and more consistent plus even with the shot glass sand scissor method it's still not as good or as quick as a grinder.

As for a scale if you pick up a lot and you think you're getting shorted get one if not it's not the most important thing, I was lucky enough to already have one lying around in my house.