Investigation begins into Charlottesville police standing down during the protests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Aug 30, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Trump is teaching them all that.

3. #43 letsmokeasweet, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    idk, we are in a gun freindly state and if you point your gun at anyone, its consider assault with a deadly weapon, even if you are joking. they dont fuck around with guns down here. if you dont use them responsibility, you loose the right to carry one
    im in the south and most people that are racist are dumb and dont know any beter, and its not just one race that is racist either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Here in NC you can fire a warning shot but it has to be warranted and justified. At least I think it is that way, I live in the rural mountain part of the state and I don't think we enforce all the gun laws here like we're supposed to haha. WNC is almost a different state than the rest of NC. I'll be honest, I hate politics and I pay little attention to the law so anything I say about it should be taken with a grain of salt.

As for the racist and dumb people here a big problem with that is that they have quite possibly never seen a black person before, we don't really have any outside of Asheville and even there it is still less than 15% of the population. I spend a lot of time outside of the state on tour with my band in places up north and in the midwest so I'm no stranger to actual diversity but the people here who never leave their county are really ignorant to anything that isn't a white redneck. The funny thing is that people in Asheville are complaining about the lack of diversity but they don't realize that is because we don't have the same history with slavery as the rest of the southeast and a lot of people here sided with the Union during the Civil War. Yeah there are almost no black people, but that is because there were almost no slaves either.

• Like Like x 1
  5. see thats the thing about politics. its supposed to be about representive everyone and considering their opionion. i would not call it, hating, but i would say im tired of the same o same o.
    i guess maybe since they never seena black person, they just dont know any beter. lets hope the first black person sets a good example and their first interaction will be a positive one lol

6. Well we do have a few black people here in the rural parts but the thing is they are some Clayton Bigsby type dudes haha.

In Asheville the problem is that people are acting like they are so open minded and PC that by simply making the effort to make a big deal about diversity they are essentially pushing actual people who aren't white away because they get treated like royalty just for their ethnicity and none of the root problems with racism are even adressed. I find that in places like Atlanta, New York, Philly, Chicago, and other places that have actual diversity they don't have to force the issue and in turn everybody gets treated equally and these types of things aren't a problem. Meanwhile in Asheville you have a bunch of white social justice warriors in groups with each other trying to solve the "racism problem" in Asheville without even consulting any black people and they call anybody who points out their hypocrisy a nazi because that is the only insult they can think of.

Some statistics about Asheville including race demographics. 82.1% white, 12.3% black. But like I said in my last post the mountain region in general is lacking in black people due to a lack of slavery in the past, not because of racist hillbillies driving them off like the PC crowd here believes. In fact that is the crowd that the black people here tend to avoid the most. To understand our mindset think of Asheville as a West Coast city like Portland or San Francisco that got lost in the mountains of NC.
    Asheville NC Demographics data

7. First off, I was just down in NC, my cousin lives in jacksonville. Its a beautiful state for sure! We got so lucky with the weather when we were there.

Now the same thing that you described here in asheville is happening everywhere they is a university. Its happening up here too, in the midwest. Madison Wisconsin has always been a liberal town, but now its literally just a bunch of SJW assholes. Just like you described. Its a problem with the lefts indoctrination in our educational system. Preaching their bs values has caused this landslide of SJWism. Its funny to see, but sad at the same time.

8. NC is an interesting state for sure haha. I go down to Greensboro, Raleigh, and Charlotte quite a bit and it is always a blast, especially Greensboro! I wouldn't want to live there but damn do they know how to party. Speaking of weather here in the mountains is is basically fall already. 45 degrees this morning with a high in the upper 60s today, I'm loving it!

And yeah I've definitely encountered this SJW problem everywhere I go and it pisses me off because I've always thought of myself as progressive and open minded but they have taken this so damn far that people aren't allowed to have opinions unless they are approved by their standards. I personally lean to the left but I'm not one of the new age regressive liberals that are giving us a bad name. I just want free speech, better access to healthcare, my M1 Carbine, weed, better opportunities for minorities, and immigration reform (meaning easier to become a citizen to provide more incentive to do so the legal way rather than border hopping). It is like you can agree with the SJW people on most issues but all it takes is one disagreement to be shunned by them. Apparently I'm Islamaphobic because I don't think their values are comparable with western society. Gotta love the SJW hypocrisy because if you don't like this "marginalized" group of people who also happen to execute homosexuals and oppress women then you are somehow a nazi. Pointing this out to them never works though.

9. i LOOVVE love love love clayton bigsby lmfao........lets see if i can find it so we can all have a good laugh lol....

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Come out to the westernmost counties of NC and parts of East TN and you may just get to meet him haha.

11. lol

i been to south tn, near arkansas, i think it was near 49?, border, got one of my beagles there......i meet the daughter/kid, she handled the transaction, and with the way she conducted herself, had a real good head on her shoulders....would never had guessed she was 15. i dont think city kids would handle themselves as well if shit were to go down

12. Tennessee is pretty fun, and strange. I've never been west of Nashville but I've spent tons of time in East TN since I live 20 minutes from the state line. There are some perks to TN like being able to buy crazy fireworks for cheap prices and the people are wild and rowdy but at the same time they are very backwards in many ways and stuck decades in the past. Idk why it pisses me off so much because I rarely drink but they have a law which defines high gravity beer as being anything above 6% and bars can only serve them in 10oz portions.

I agree for the most part that city people won't survive long if stuff went down but there are some cities that breed tough people who are already used to semi-apocalyptic conditions. I've got friends from Detroit and South Chicago who could probably survive a nuke haha.

13. lol, i remeber driving though tennesee at night and seeing the big white stadium lite up firework stores, they always seem to be up high, on a hill.....oman i loved walking down isles and getting whatever firework i can imagine, and they were cheap.....i think of bring them down here and selling them for 4th of july and new years sometimes, wholesale them maybe?

14. There is a decent sized one about 35 minutes from my house but since almost everything they sell is illegal in NC i have to be careful bringing them back home. Local cops don't care but if a state trooper catches you "smuggling" them then you are fucked. My favorite thing about all the fireworks stores in TN and even in SC is that half of them claim to be the world's largest fireworks store lol. You could probably make a pretty good bit of cash selling them wholesale but I don't recommend getting caught!

15. what is the penalty, what do they do if you get caught with them? is it as serious, as say a joint?

16. In NC it is definitely worse than weed but we also decriminalized weed years ago so simple possession isn't a big deal. I've been busted 4 times and never done a day in jail even for a DWI that was only for weed and no alcohol. 3 of those times including the DWI all took place in one year between 2010 and 2011 and still no jail. The 4th was actually about 1 year ago for a bowl and I got a $25 fine and 1 year of unsupervised probation which ends 4 days from now. Not that it matters because that punishment is a joke and totally unenforced.

As for illegal fireworks simple possession is a $500 fine and up to 6 months in jail but it is far less enforced than weed and literally every holiday the valley I live in lights up like crazy with fireworks and guns. I'm pretty sure even the cops buy them.

17. wow it seems like crazy lol. may as well legalize it then

18. My guess is that we will be one of the first in the southeast to legalize cannabis but even then that will likely mean we are still one of the last in the country. I imagine the New England states are next, then maybe a southwest state or two and some midwestern states, finally after that perhaps the southeast will consider it. NC isn't as red as the other states here and we go back and forth between progressive and regressive all depending on how well the voting districts get gerrymandered lol. Our cities aren't very conservative but the rural areas are for the most part, we're definitely a swing state. Plus Asheville might as well be a city in the Pacific NW, it is like leaving the south the second you get into Asheville.

19. Someone made a good video about this on why the police would stand down.

20. I think we can all agree that the M1's are the forgotten about ones...the ones left behind that no one wants to talk about!
    You are right on point here dude and you are not alone in your beliefs!