Introducing the SIP pillow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pdx.weedy, Nov 22, 2015.

1. I'm a huge fan of sub irrigation planter (SIP) watering for my indoor organic soil grows. I've seen significantly larger root systems and subsequent bigger yields.

Inspired by another thread here, I initially tried some buckets filled with perlite with a piece of landscape cloth over top. Then fill the bucket with water, and place plant in fabric pot on top. While this method worked for me, I eventually ended up with perlite pellets all over in my tent. I also found the buckets to be an inefficient use of space in my small grow tents (2ft x 2ft x 3ft for veg and 2ft x 3ft x 5ft for flower). It is also hard to clean the buckets and perlite of algae and runoff sludge.

To resolve these issues I sewed up pillow cases out of heavy duty woven landscape cloth, filled them with perlite, and sewed them shut. I placed the pillows inside of Rubbermaid storage totes (23in x 17in), filled them with water and put my geo pots on top. One of these sip tubs is in my veg tent, and holds 6 one gallon geo pots. I have two more tubs in my flower tent and each holds 4 two gallon geo pots.

I've included a few pics below. Give it a try, and let me know if you have any questions. Happy growing!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448151389.905492.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448151416.658217.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seems sound I like this.....

3. I'm still using these SIP pillows with my juvenile plants in gallon geo pots. They grow real fast. I keep them on through mid flowering until the growth has slowed and the flowers are starting to mature.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum