Introducing Platinum Swan

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by KneeDeep33, Nov 3, 2017.

1. For the past year or two, I've been breeding my own custom strain. And she's mean to say the least.... I started out by crossing a male Platinum girl scout cookie with a skunk #1. The resulting seed I called platinum girl skunk cookie. I then crossed Platinum girl skunk cookie female with a pinetar kush male. The resulting seed I then crossed with Skunk Berry (one of my favs) then backcrossed that with the pollen from the platinum girl scout cookie. All this has resulted in a Indica dominant hybrid with huge, dense, crystal laden nugs. Now, it is in its last 3-4 weeks but I have taken small sugar leaf cuttings and it's straight up fire.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Well why do you call it swan? Is there any backstory?

-GM

3. Well honestly not really lol I just put all the names or the strains into a word combiner online and I was drawn to the word combo Platinum Sman but it didn't make sense lol so I just turned the "M" upside down and Platinum Swan was born.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Alright, That’s neat tho.
    Looks really good man good work

-GM
    My Current Grow Journal

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...x.php?threads/Grow-journal-Bag-seeds.1475047/

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Here's an update of pics IMG_20171114_090509.jpg IMG_20171114_090459.jpg IMG_20171114_090428.jpg IMG_20171114_090400.jpg IMG_20171114_090323.jpg IMG_20171114_090216.jpg IMG_20171114_090211.jpg IMG_20171114_090200.jpg IMG_20171114_083650.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Interesting. It looks like its foxtailing. Have you found that to be a trait ?

7. #9 nugwings777, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
    When your creating strain. You just can't name what ever you want after your first cross. You created your own f1.Your stealing another breeders hard work. Im assuming your using regular seed form. The (platinum gsc X skunk#1)(f1 X pine tar kush)(f2X skunk berry). Now that cross you can name what ever thats your work. doesn't anyone give a fuck here at grasscity or know shit to help you out wheres all the real growers are they extinct? Now your third cross you can name please do yourself a favor and research a little bit damn

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Yeah, but those are the GOOD foxtails..:)

Gorgeous BTW!!!

9. Wow, there's always one of you guys aren't there. I worked my ass off on this strain. You said that after all those crosses I could name it. Well read the post. I did do all that crossing. Looking for traits such as color, weight, trich formation ect. So, yeah I call it what ever I want thank you. And as far as I know all those genetic traits have not been combined before... Please enjoy the pics and stop flaming.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. As of now it's still in development. So far there have been three different phenoms. All are fire... There's one (Platinum Swan #1) that I'm back crossing now with it's self. The buds from number one where so dense. It was barely under 4 ft tall and yeilded a lil over 15 ounces of dense high quality smoke... So to answer your question, obviously I can't just send out flowers in the mail or anything lol and I'm not willing at this point to send out seed.

11. Yes, in the three phenoms I've observed, they all fox tail in some way or another. One phenom (Platinum Swan #3) fox tailed heavily after using back building techniques. The other did slightly after the back building but not as much. The other two had fox tails but they weren't the thin, skinny ones you see from to much light. They where like extra little fat buds up there lol the weight was crazy. Out of all three, I had at least 10 buds that weighted 8+ grams cured!

12. Thanks buddy. Yeah they definitely were great.

13. Platinum Skunk Berry Kush Cookies?

14. I understand, but nice job bro they look like a real treat for sure, let me know once your ready to let the world enjoy your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Looks like some good ish man nice job

You got some nerve naming something you created and worked on for years!!!!!:love-m3j::lmafoe: Just kidding man, mad respect for all the breeders out there

16. Oh for sure. Im planning on entering it in the 2019 Clio Cup. Should be a crowd pleaser lol after that I'll be in the mind set to unload seeds.

17. I know right lol IDK what that guys problem was lol just hating on hard work and tasty buds lol I appreciate the love tho brother. I'm wanting to make another cross in there. I love really fruity tastes and smells. True while Platinum Swan has a strong grapefruit taste upon exhaling, I really enjoy berry flavors. I've got blue dream (in my top ten) was thinking of throwing that in there after I get this a bit more stable and predictable. Plus Platinum Swan has hues of purple and blue so I assume blue dream will draw that trait out. But that idea is a ways off still lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hell yeah man. Fuck it, breed anything with anything you want. Keep at least a few seeds from each step of the processes. In a way, that’ll let you see how the strain progressed over time.