Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Introducing Mother to MJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sektr, Jul 17, 2012.

1. I'm living at home still unfortunately, smoke regularly, and while my father is fine with me smoking (he smokes as well) my mother thinks it's the devil's drug, but she honestly is one of the least educated people I know on the subject. Due to this, neither me or my dad tells her I smoke although she pretty much knows anyways.

However, I would love to be able to smoke at home and/or have both my parents at least accept my smoking, so I want to find a way to get my mother to accept it. While I don't think any amount of education would change her mind, getting her to try it and realizing the medicinal benefits of it seems very possible to me.

She has arthritis in multiple places in her body, limited range of motion and extreme pain in her shoulder due to a stroke, and pretty severe insomnia (she has found one sleeping pill that somewhat works for her but still wakes up at the slightest noise or even my dad adjusting in bed).

Now while I know weed can help with at the very least her insomnia, can it help with her other problems at all? I can't decide if when I sit her down and talk to her about it, I should passively recommend it for insomnia or for arthritis or just for all her problems in general.

2. Yes it might ease her pain from the arthritis, i have a friend with it and he smokes to relieve pain. Watch a documentary with her, the union.

3. Mmj would help her arthritis, along with her severe pain. Have her watch "The Union" and "Marijuana USA" by CNBC both great documentaries about both the harms and helps of Mmj.(Obviously more helps than harm)