Into the Wild

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by BrandonBlunts, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Anybody ever read this book? Its about a kid named Chris McCandless who goes out into the Alaskan wilderness by himself with the bare minimum trying to survive. Its based on a true story too. I hate reading books, but in my senior lit class I read the entire thing enjoyably. I recommend it to anybody.

[​IMG]

2. I saw the film only. Very inspiring...

...BUT, the guy was too full of himself. He was too unprepared to last that long alone. Hopefully the journey was worth it to him.

3. I saw the film too, but the book is alot better. I have to disagree with you, I don't think he was full of himself, I just think he was a little ignorant to think he could be able to survive out there with the bare minimum. I give him respect though for trying.

4. #5 budensity, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    http://youtu.be/32Js2Ef5Ojgi read the book when i was 16 and just got moved to bullhead az where chris stayed and it openend my eye's.. i realized that i was one day going to set off and live my life with out money and all the stress it causes...

if he was better prepared he could have made it.. i realized that it could be dont but is best to practice and know how to survive befor setting out with your books and learning along the way..

i then moved to topock az another place chris lived... and not to far from where he stayed.. one day i plan on living in the mtns and growing my kind and living off the land.. maybe come down once i harvest to trade it for supply's...

i know there is more to life than slaving away for a pay check to buy shit you dont really need/be another gear in the machine... that is fueled by greed and most of all money and power...

you never hear somone who is dieing say i wish i worked more.... life is about having fun and doing what you want cause its over too soon.. carpe diem

5. I've saw the film and it seemed to be a monument to human arrogance and stupidity and reinforced my belief that stupidity should be painful.

6. His ego > his logic

7. eddie vetter

8. Ima get it from the library.

9. i read the book, good read....never saw the movie....eddie vedder is the man

10. Yea the soundtrack to Into the wild is amazing. Gotta agree with the rest of you guys.