Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

interviewing at a head shop, need advice.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by massivevagina, Mar 6, 2014.

1. So I'll be interviewing for a job at a local smoke shop. According to the people working there: They have had tons of resumes handed in so they gave me the advice of learning as much as I can before the interview. Things like different bowl sizes, the different brands, types of pieces/parts etc.

There's got to be some people here who have experience working at a smoke shop. Anyone know of any great resources to learn about things like that? Any good articles on here? I did some searching around but can't really find much. Wiki articles, word of mouth anything just basic info to learn up on before my interview? Anything would greatly help me out thanks!

2. What ever you don't know about pieces....go learn. Learn about the types of glass, glass thickness, what brands are quality, learn everything about vapes, rigs, grinders, papers, everything....If you feel like you don't know a lot or there is a lot you need to catch up on...you might want to apply for another job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Wow, ever since I was 14 and entered my first headshop that was my dream job ( job not career). But you will need to know that stuff that you mentioned. Also you need to be able to talk and explain how each thing works.
    And if you live in a non medical state like me, gt used to referring to the glass as tobacco pipes and waterpipes.

Sorry I realize this probably wasn't that helpful but good luck man.

4. I know a bit, but maybe not entirely enough to qualify for the job, which is why I'm asking if anyone knows of some good resources/links? 

5. clearly you are not fit for the job, you should at least know what head shop sells and what their stuff do.

6. I like smoking weed. That doesn't qualify me. Shit.

7. I guess you could look at that shops website and explore it completly and google anything you don't understand (like bong filters) and then do this for other websites aswell. Be prepared to explain how they work aswell.

8. I really think that would be like one of the easiest jobs ever. Even if you had to know all that stuff. It would take an hour to learn. Hope you get the job!

9. Just started working at my Lhs a couple months ago. Are you in a med state cuz that makes a difference. As to terminology and what not. ( first off in your in a non med state, never refer to a pipe as a bowl. Not as bad as the b word but pipe is more professional), detox and things like that are awesome to be aware of before had, assuming you sell them.

Most of all, their right. Everyone and their mom puts a resume in. So you have to be different. Have energy people naturally love. Two places people should always leave w a smile on their face, a whore house and a head shop :) good luck blade!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Bring knee pads.

11. Find someone with a lot of pieces and toke with them. I've learned all I have by smoking with other people who are just as passionate about it as I. They will be very proud of their pieces and will talk all day about them.

12. #12 -Martyr, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Get high and just run through different specialty sites, write down all the appropriate information into notepad or whatever, and use it as a study guide.