Interview soon & have questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Greenandclean96, Dec 12, 2018.

1. so I live in Iowa where we just got our dispensaries. Well if you call a medical only CBD a proper dispensary, that is. So I emailed the manager because the main website didn’t have a listing for employees but figured, hey 4 people isn’t that many to run a place. I received an email saying he’d love to do an interview, and just have some questions on how to conduct myself. I’m applying to have a job in a growing industry that helps the people served. Now I am a stoner (I mean obviously) but should I just say so? I have a clean record and even a past in small business corporate operations. (Managed an eBay account for a used game store, where I also did the spread sheets of daily expenses.). Are there any major things I should mention or avoid mentioning? I also don’t qualify for the states current definition of medical use, and don’t know how that will effect my chance.

2. I can't believe Iowa is starting off so conservatively. Shame as Thc kills cancerous tumors so your dispensaries should be able to sell it. Just to be safe, tell him you used it for pain. But mostly they are going to want to know how much you know about CBD so brush up. You need to know more than your customers. You'll do fine.

3. Thanks, I already had my interview and I think it went well. They have a training program the company uses for all locations so I’ll even get training in for actual bud. They also only have a staff of 3 so it seems like my chances are above the standard chances.

• Like Like x 2
  4. How did that go about ? I applied for medpharm also i lobe in rock island ill super close to davenport iowa im trying as well i just recently graduated from oaksterdam university and i could never be more ready good luck on your mission to enter the cannabis industry

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I know right there talking at theeee most uping tch levels from 3% to 13% so i guess thays a plus cheers

Sent from my LG-SP320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 3%! Holy Cow. Yes, 13% is only slightly better but at least it will take the edge of some pain. Crossing fingers it just keeps getting to a point where mature adults can decide what dose works best for them.

7. Well I applied for one of the ones ran by Have a Heart, that are in Iowa and despite only having half the staff they intended on opening seemed to be on a hiring freeze. So yeah no idea if they are just being dicks and not telling the truth or if the company is just fine with only have 3 people to pay st that location. Overall the interview at have a heart basically felt like a trap cause they ask your favorite strain and given the states current limitations it felt awkward. None the less I though it went well and hope I get a straight answer some day.

8. Nice im familiar with have a heart wish you luck bro hit that home run..✊

9. Yeah bro because at the end of the day people need there meds and opiod based products are poison xanax is poison benzos are what ever im happy but there just moving sooooo sloww doctors wont even recommend cannabis as a alternative so i guess it is kind of a dead end like at first they legalized cbd oil for patients with epilepsy and so fourth but WITH NO WAY TO GET IT growing it was a negative and well shipping it you know lol

10. Fuck big pharma and their pharmaceuticals is what I would say on an interview.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Create a fake resume with jobs that relate to the one your applying for and go from there?

Worst thing that could happen is if you don't have lies in order, you'll look stupid infront of the interviewers lol (known from personal experience) but life goes on man. I can fill you in on the whole procedure of making the fake resume, creating the made up reference, etc. but only if you actually want it. The advice i'd give you is what an old stoner bud of mines gave me which has gotten me from janitor to the position I have today (BMT). Goodluck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. This guy :laughing:. You forgot to mention that if you would’ve gotten caught, healthcare and some other jobs can make it so that you’ll automatically get disqualified from all of their positions forever.

I’m not knockin your tactics since it’s worked once before in my life. I just think you need to be entirely honest.