Interview Help

Discussion in 'General' started by VictoryUsername, Aug 21, 2008.

1. I have a job interview tomorrow. I can't say where, but it's at a pretty respectable publishing company. I'm terrified of interviews. I get nervous and sweaty, it's not pretty. Does anyone have any tips or guidance they could give me. I'm freaking out here.

2. Deep breaths beforehand.

Look professional in every way. Shine your shoes, the whole deal, first impressions are huge.

Look up the S-T-A-R technique for answering questions.

http://www.unk.edu/offices/careerserv/students/career_handbook/index.php?id=2364

If you format your responses properly under the technique, you will be in good shape. It wouldn't hurt to think out a few answers beforehand.

Ask questions of them, what is their corporate culture like etc.

NEVER bring up salary, unless asked.

3. #3 TheDope, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    Hey man! I have an interview tomorrow as well. I am usually very confident in interviews, so I se no problems with this one. Make sure you ask questions and do some research on their company before hand.
    Good luck!

4. #4 .Ret3p^, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    you can't hate interviews more than me.

i'm HORRIBLE at shit like that. I'm not very good at speaking/being social and shit like that. I freak out about stupid stuff. "Where do I go? Who do I talk to?"

I can't even keep a conversation going. The whole interview i was like "yeah" "ok" "blah blah" yeah" "mmhmm"

I just recently had one, the only way i made it through was going in with a "Fuck it" attitude.

just think how insignificant you are. watch some videos on youtube about the universe or some shit. But i guess if you're religious then youll be on a different page than me. I don't know if it will help you, but just google shit about people being nervous for interviews too, like forums, yahoo answers etc. It's nice to hear from other people that are in the same position, I don't know if that makes sense, I'm kinda weird.

oh ya and i got the job :D

5. Hmm, how does being an insignificant piece of dust on this plant, have anything to do with social interaction at an interview?
    You're comparing two completely different things here.
    Btw, I go for my interview in 1 and a half hours :D