Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Intervention

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CO30h!3, Dec 18, 2007.

1. do any of you guys out there watch the show "intervention" on A&E. I watch it quite a bit, and was just wondering what you all thought of the show

2. I like it. It shows a lot of aspects of addiction beyond what most people think/know. Besides the obvious struggles of the user, the show expresses the hardships associated with the user's family very well.

However, I know from experience that one sit down usually doesn't help. The user needs to hit the absolute bottom before he/she even thinks about rehabilitation. And quite often a simple intervention only upsets the user into thinking their family is against them.

All in all its a good show. Even though stats and history says over 75% of those users will relapse.... they should mention that in the show. They always play in out in the end that everything worked out perfectly and it was solely because of the intervention. Thats a little misleading.

3. I watch intervention all the time. I like learning about drug culture and seeing what hard drugs do to people. Its one of my favorite shows.

I dont think their that bad. They tell you at the end of the show if they made it though rehab and they have update shows.

4. yeh half the shows end with a message saying how most the people started using again like three weeks after rehab

5. I watched one episode where a lady was beyond fucking up on her prescription pills, I couldn't watch that one, reminded me of my cousin, who we couldn't get back into rehab soon enough. Too many people I know die because of drugs or alcohol, so I really don't enjoy watching it :(

It's kinda like a slap in the face, oh you couldn't help them in time, but these people helped their families! ug.

6. never heard of it......

7. the show is fake.. they had leaked it on the a&e forums. the families, the addicts, everyone, all paid actors.

8. i think it's a great show.. i watch it all the time

9. no this show is not fake. if youve been addicted to anything you can relate. monday nights at 9 on A&E they are currently airing a new season. this is a great show.

10. link?
    I would be very upset if this show was fake... but if it WAS, that's some damn good acting

11. its interesting sometimes. I don't like any of the ones that have to do with needles or bulimia, they're too gross

12. If the show was faked these actors would be on the big screen.

13. The problem is they give the updates and its only been like 2 months. Almost all people who have addiction like that relapse, its just part of the disease. However, that doesn't mean some of the people don't eventually stay clean. And about the rock bottom thing, I know what you are saying, but the idea of an intervention is to CREATE a rock bottom. They don't show a lot of this but in interventions everyone basically says you are out of our lives and no longer have any type of support from anyone you love if you continue using. That is usually enough to make people at least take a step in the right direction.

14. yeah the heroin and meth they shoot up and smoke is fake [ /sarcasm ]

shut up dude.

if you have ever known anyone who has hit rock bottom then you would know that the show is true, no one can act that way.

15. Whoever thinks reality shows are fake is just stupid. Why would a company pay actors when they can have people be on a show for free.

16. I'm not saying that they do pay their actors. But it is obvious to me why a show WOULD hire pay actors. It would make the show more entertaining or more intense, therefore bringing in higher ratings.

17. as for this,probably not. As for reality shows ya i'm sorry they just seem fake to me. Personally though i think this show is weird for me to watch i start thinking about my family say it to me about weed and i'de be like ugh wha?:smoke:

18. But a show like this? come on, the drama is already ALL THERE.

19. Yeah I watch this show all the time. I think it's really good - I like seeing how addiction affects people's lives and it seems like a pretty real show since they follow the user around even when they are doing illegal shit. The crystal meth ones seem to be the most interesting to me.

20. Intervention is one of my favorite shows on television. I'm psyched for the new episodes!