Internet needs to stay free.

Discussion in 'General' started by McGlovin, Nov 17, 2011.

1. There's a site that allows you to send a letter to your rep but i cannot find it.

This almost feels like tyranny what they're trying to do.

2. [quote name='"McGlovin"']There's a site that allows you to send a letter to your rep but i cannot find it.

This almost feels like tyranny what they're trying to do.[/quote]

Idk about you but I pay for Internet already lol

3. Since when is internet free?

4. yeah me too - paying quite a lot for it too

but to be fair, it's worth every penny because it's a whole different world of opinions, information, theories and generally good people

5. They're censoring the internet. He means "free" in a subjective way.

6. it's all being censored! damn senate censoring my google!

but the bill will be stalled and forgotten. and if it was passed, it could be easily worked around. and if you can't figure out how to work around DNS blocks, you should be buying music or movies in the first place and not stealing them

7. Oh ok! Eh, its a public medium that everyone can access. No different than censoring tv

8. #8 McGlovin, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    This post has been deleted by McGlovin.

9. [quote name='"Arnack"']
    it's all being censored! damn senate censoring my google!

but the bill will be stalled and forgotten. and if it was passed, it could be easily worked around. and if you can't figure out how to work around DNS blocks, you should be buying music or movies in the first place and not stealing them[/quote]

The ideas that its going to be passed or forgotten aren't what's really bothering me. Its the fact that something like this is even being discussed in the first place.

10. i love how no one still understands this bill. quit overreacting.

11. Were going through a terrible time at the moment, we will probably have some kind of civil war or some shit, but right now the government and large corporations are running riot, making laws as they please.

12. [quote name='"Lambchop1"']Oh ok! Eh, its a public medium that everyone can access. No different than censoring tv[/quote]

Actually its completely different. The tv is media ran and doesnt allow the instant communication between billions of people.

13. The apparent reason it's being put into place seems great, but look at why there really doing it, they don't give a fuck about copyright, they just want to censor the internet, they know that's all we have left, the only way we can get messages out and the truth is via the internet. And now they want it.

Pretty sure the majority understand this bill just fine.

Obviously there are other reasons, but our personal freedom is gone..

14. [quote name='"darksmoker"']i love how no one still understands this bill. quit overreacting.[/quote]

Don't just act like that, if you feel anyone is being ignorant then i envourage you to explain.

15. media has doubled, if not tripled, thanks to the introduction of the internet. media LOVES internet.

16. Allowing them the jurisdiction to decide whether a website should be blocked or not is enough to allow them into blocking anything they decide to.

It's tough to control once you start allowing them to censor things. Once something is censored, the credibility will inevitably be torn between the public, and we will just have to trust their judgement.

However, if we all combine together and say, "no you can't censor anything", it makes it much easier for the public to stand united.

Someone related the internet to the TV, in which I say, the FCC is in direct violation of the Constitution.

17. *Pineapple* ;)

18. Umm... The senate bill?

19. This is bullshit, what gives those greedy old , selfish politician fucks the right to tell us what's for eyes and what's not. I think the huge wave of "health and safety" , "censorship" etc crap has gone on far too long and eventually that wave is going to break . I'm sick of being told what's right and what's wrong by a tiny group of other human beings that are somehow more "superior" than the rest of the public. It's all fucking corrupt , greedy , shameless (mostly men) telling us what's right and wrong and if we do something that even only affects our own personal well being and they think it's wrong, they'll lock us in prison to rot for a few years. Meanwhile they sit all high and mighty behind their desks taking big fat bonuses of our hard earned tax (which btw is ridiculously high) taking bribes, telling us weed is bad.
    Well I got a question - who decided these fucking idiots were going to be incharge? Sure we voted on the parties... but the actual people in the parties

I feel like a prisoner on this planet, you have to have the documents saying you exist, documents saying you work, documents saying where you're allowed to travel in the world (passport) , and now they're censoring the only thing left where people can actually express their own opinions freely! If you don't follow THEIR rules , they are fully entitled to let you rot away in a cell for 10 years.