Internet is the tool to the truth of whats really going on in the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stoots420, Aug 26, 2013.

1. think about it. before the internet was so wide scale, people believed what the news told them, they still do but now due to internet we have proof that the government is full of sneaky mother fuckers. of course many knew this before the internet, but the internet basically just made it more open to the public for us to wake up and see whats really going on. i mean the news does have stories that are important, but the government controls it so we see what they want us to see. always made me wonder why the government would bring internet into public use and not take in the idea that people will use it against them. guess they didnt think that out lol

even though you shouldnt believe everything on the internet, i find that it is more truthful (especially regarding our government) then the news.

2. Its a double edged sword. The internet is the best place to find the truth, but its also the best place to find misinfo aswell.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. And this is why people are trying to limit the access for the internet with stuff like SOPA, PIPA etc.

4. Someone already said it, the internet can lead you to bullshit too. And with things like photoshop it's even easier to pull off bullshit for facts.

But you're right, the internet is a powerful tool in the hands of the learners and truth seekers.

5. That's why governments are spending large amounts of money funding campaigns for misinformation on the internet. Facebook for example will have a government employee post something, then log onto several different accounts claiming that the information is correct and agreeable, making the casual reader think hey, the general opinion on here is _________ which must make it true.

6. Really? All I've been doing is looking at pictures of cats.

8. Internet = wild wild west, there are even disinformation companies OP, the internet also has too many sources you will fuck your mind up, If you hack though that's a different story.

9. yea ppl used to just believe what the news told them now they believe what the internet tells them lots of progress there

Sometimes all at once.... silly Japanese.