Internet Censorship Starting NOW

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JesusGotBaked, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Google, Facebook, Twitter, and all of the other major websites we use are all announcing they're going to comply with any type of censorship that the government requests. This includes tracking people, shutting down websites critical to the government, etc. They've gone to denying this, to now openly admitting it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvAVwV3skIc]Oh It's On Now!! - YouTube[/ame]

2. wait... so did that bill pass or what?

3. No those bills didn't pass, but the government already started censorship back in October 2011. Obama sneaked it by the general public. Obama signed the ACTA treaty.

Full article: ACTA = Global Internet Censorship

4. Deleting Facebook accounts is more than just "the cool thing to do" now. Fuck that shit, this is ridiculous. How does this effect music downloading? Apparently there were some places that asked to see iTunes receipts making sure people paid for their music :confused_2:

5. wow, i can't believe he sneaked that by, hopefully he won't get elected for a second term

6. Hey i think everyone can join me and say, FUCK GOOOGLE YOU PIECE OF SHIT IM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU SLUT!

7. fuck big brother....down with fascism

8. :mad: Ugh.

We're never going to get anywhere as a species.

9. Fuck i download all my music off Kickass torrents. I better hurry the fuck up and finish

10. Wow I just read this on google's privacy policy, on reporting a video...

"If a video contains your personal information without consent, including your image, name or national identification number, you can contact us through our Privacy Complaint Process."

That's fucked, National Identification Number, like law enforcement?

Protecting the police now too.

11. [quote name='"FuckBeerGetWeed"']Fuck i download all my music off Kickass torrents. I better hurry the fuck up and finish[/quote]

I have no personal moral objection to this, but this is one of the biggest reasons why they get away with doing this. It's played out in courts all over the country and world.. downloading music without paying for it is copyright infringement and theft. People seem to forget that.

12. maaan you crazy i just share my music with my friends on the internet, how is that stealing :rolleyes:

13. People also used to record records and am/fm radio to cassette's all the time a couple decades ago.

Nobody ever screamed piracy then

14. Don't let the government fool you. This has nothing to do with piracy, they are scared of raw unfiltered data and information.

15. its only piracy if you share it with your internet friends:smoke:

16. [quote name='"meatballz"']

I have no personal moral objection to this, but this is one of the biggest reasons why they get away with doing this. It's played out in courts all over the country and world.. downloading music without paying for it is copyright infringement and theft. People seem to forget that.[/quote]

While there may be some truth to that, i dont have the money to drop over thousands of songs. Plus its not like most of these big time artists need the money any way. Some do but most dont

17. I don't think the act being passed was a good thing; however, those of you saying Obama was "sneaky" when he signed a bill aren't using your heads. If you periodically do some research you can find out what bills are getting signed in the white house. Just because you didn't see it on the Colbert Report doesn't mean it was a secret. Do some research to inform yourselves. :rollseyes

18. I kinda want to put something about ACTA on facebook, but at the same time I don't want to go to jail because NDAA would label me as a terrorist

19. NDAA labels you a terrorist because you have posted on this website. Also under the NDAA anyone who buys anything from Costco is a terrorist because they have too much food in their house.

Artistic piracy is not the true reason for these bills existing. The true reason is for control of information and censorship of anything that could contribute to uprising against them. It's just that issues like piracy are how they justify it to the public.

And yes downloading music for free is stealing. You can't download a pair of jeans, or a mcnuggett meal. And if you could that would be seen as stealing by everyone. The notion that most musicians are rolling in bills is a very false one. Most musicians finish their career in massive debt. Still, that is the direction the industry has gone in, and if musicians want to not starve to death, they will have to learn to tour successfully or, well, starve to death.

20. What are the technological barriers to creating a private internet?

I understand that ISPs provide the internet through their lines and their modems route traffic to the correct destinations allowing for the internet to actually work. What is to stop us from just hacking our routers and not giving them back? What service do ISPs actually do?